Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Increased Canada Limit Question

Re: Increased Canada Limit Question

I see I should have been more specific, I am talking Reg.2, I don't have clue what goes on over there. K

in the words of the immortal john holdstock <the world is run by those that show up>. instead of complaining about it on a forum ,go to meetings if you disagree.perhaps this wouldn,t work but at least we can try.and yes this is done on science as i tended most all of the goose related meetings. adam, the coquitlam survey was conducted by myself, it was mentioned several times to me that it was a particularly slow year and normally they harvest more birds then this,so maybe it will help... as of november last year the us, federal gov,t announced that they want rid of 5.3 million canadas in the lower 48 states.that,s alot of birds to harvest.i believe this mearure was to get ahead of the curve....dale

Quote Originally Posted by fowl language View Post
    in the words of the immortal john holdstock <the world is run by those that show up>. instead of complaining about it on a forum ,go to meetings if you disagree.perhaps this wouldn,t work but at least we can try.and yes this is done on science as i tended most all of the goose related meetings. adam, the coquitlam survey was conducted by myself, it was mentioned several times to me that it was a particularly slow year and normally they harvest more birds then this,so maybe it will help... as of november last year the us, federal gov,t announced that they want rid of 5.3 million canadas in the lower 48 states.that,s alot of birds to harvest.i believe this mearure was to get ahead of the curve....dale
    Where did I say I disagree, I merely asked what determined the increase, as in, do they have any clue what the numbers are for Reg.2 ? Didn't think so! Thanks K

I cann't wait to see 30-50 honkers hanging off my tail gate. Its going to take alot of beer to clean that many birds.
    Hooked on quack.

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    And again we have yet more chickens being counted before they are hatched??????----Field Marshal.

Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 06-21-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

To my knowledge... and my very PERSONAL ties and experience with the BC MoE, they have nothing to do with the harvest limits of federally protected birds. MoE takes care of land game and feshwater fish. Federal wildlife services take care of waterfowl and saltwater fish.

Our BC regs are printed with the waterfowl bag limits that get obtained from the federal service. The MoE are not the correct group of folks that count and make these limits, so basically questioning the MoE with waterfowl stuff won't take you anywhere near as far as compared to talking with the CWS.

Personally, I am happy that we can shoot the elusive specks come october, but I am not in favor of the canada 10 bird limit. It doesn't click in that we can now shoot more geese than ducks. Sure we have a lot of local birds in september and spring, but I do not see enough for 10 a day! Max I would've liked to see the goose limit is 8, matching the duck limit. I like to see geese in the plentiful of numbers every fall and not slowly dwindling down.
    Last edited by longshot; 06-21-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    To my knowledge... and my very PERSONAL ties and experience with the BC MoE, they have nothing to do with the harvest limits of federally protected birds. MoE takes care of land game and feshwater fish. Federal wildlife services take care of waterfowl and saltwater fish.

Our BC regs are printed with the waterfowl bag limits that get obtained from the federal service. The MoE are not the correct group of folks that count and make these limits, so basically questioning the MoE with waterfowl stuff won't take you anywhere near as far as compared to talking with the CWS.

Personally, I am happy that we can shoot the elusive specks come october, but I am not in favor of the canada 10 bird limit. It doesn't click in that we can now shoot more geese than ducks. Sure we have a lot of local birds in september and spring, but I do not see enough for 10 a day! Max I would've liked to see the goose limit is 8, matching the duck limit. I like to see geese in the plentiful of numbers every fall and not slowly dwindling down.
    ...so you are happy that we can shoot 5 specks but are concerned that 10 canadas are too much?...i have to ask ..last year the geese you saw were they comprised of 33% specks and 66% canadas??...wouldn't that be a very general reference point for a 5 speck 10 canada season..or was it more 95% canadas and 5% specks which would indicate a heavier than normal canada goose harvest is in order......discuss..k.k.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

You nailed it Kyle, and your ratio may be a bit high IMO more like 2-10 may have been better numbers.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Went to Huntfest and bought a game cart to haul all those extra geese home with .

So can we shoot ten Canada's and 5 specks and ten snow geese or is there an overall goose daily limit?

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunjohn View Post
    Went to Huntfest and bought a game cart to haul all those extra geese home with .

So can we shoot ten Canada's and 5 specks and ten snow geese or is there an overall goose daily limit?
    With #s like that probably should have went with one of those fancy Argos they had there
    the one with a dump box.
    "BORN TO HUNT"