Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NAVHDA Chapter Interest

Re: NAVHDA Chapter Interest

GWP for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    I've recently looked into joining the PNW chapter down in Washington. I'll be heading down that way once or twice a month to do some training with my griff,,,,,starts soon.
    I think I am going to do the same. Maybe one day we will have our own chapter in BC.

Big fan of GWP's. The dogs I met at the last NAVHDA event performed awesome. Jaws like a vice grip haha

Quote Originally Posted by bubba350 View Post
    I think I am going to do the same. Maybe one day we will have our own chapter in BC.
    This is the dream. It'll happen, versatile dogs still aren't that popular around BC compared to Alberta though. I think a BC chapter would be very successful, could have the coolest testing grounds and I'm sure lots of Americans would come up for the testing and events. Luckily we're a tourist destination as well.

'vice grip' - she can get a little excited now and again... but, a damn good dog. i'm in vancouver and willing to meet for training. it's nice to run a dog for 30 minutes or so with a second pair of hands sometimes.

Vice grips is a nice problem to have, my Pudelpointer drops stuff all the time due to her soft mouth. I'm in the Kootenays

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    Vice grips is a nice problem to have, my Pudelpointer drops stuff all the time due to her soft mouth. I'm in the Kootenays
    Better to have a soft mouth than a hard one....hearing bone crunch while retrieving is a flaw and a dog dropping retrieves has nothing to do with soft mouth but lack of discipline from dog and trainer.

This is true, her retrieve isn't where it needs to be yet, she'll run around with a stick forever without dropping it but as soon as she hears fetch she's just two gentle haha. Bit of a work in progress but it's got much better this month. I just liked them bringing back a dead bird than a live one.

There was some talk of this again on another thread. Thought I'd give it a bump to see if there is enough interest.

Yes i am interested. Currently a member of PNW chapter but would love to see a local one.