Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NAVHDA Chapter Interest

Re: NAVHDA Chapter Interest

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    There are only two trainers in BC that I would recommend and both are Retriever trainers. Colin McNicol of Windy River Retrievers and Kevin Hill of Belmont Gundogs....both are down south for the winter.
    Kevin is mostly a retriever trainer, but he did a great job training my GWP for upland. Not his specialty maybe, but he is quite capable.

Also, I tried twice to get a NAVHDA chapter going in BC over the last 10 years and there was interest until it came time to pony up some funds. There is a cost to starting, joining or belonging to any club. If you're not willing to throw a hundred or two at it, then it will not fly.

I believe there is still a pointing dog club in BC and that may be an easier route for some people.
    To warm barrels and cold noses

Re: NAVHDA Chapter Interest

Most of the guys here have " versatile" hunting dog breeds and to get the versatility out of your dogs it would take more than just pointing and retrieving.....it depends what everybody wants out of their "pooches"?
    But,as Sasquatch rightly said as soon as people have to pay for something the interest somehow fades.In most instances with most clubs the majority of people only stay until their dogs pass a Natural ability test and then decide :good enough:and quit altogether,not realizing what a fully trained gundog is all about.
    As a mentioned before I gladly help out establishing a Club,butI'm certainly not willing to do the heavy lifting on my own just to realize that people are not commited enough.