Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: NAVHDA Chapter Interest

Re: NAVHDA Chapter Interest

Awesome! What you have for a dog?

Cedarwoods Pudelpointer. How about you?

I'd love to see a chapter get started here somewhere in the lower mainland. having one would give people who own non-hunting versatiles an opportunity to get their dogs in an activity that they were originally bred to do and may spawn a few more hunters in the process.

I wish this would have gotten going before my dog was 18 months of age, though, so that she could have done the natural ability test. I think my griff would have done quite well since her prey drive is through the roof,,,, she loves the water, too, and I completed her FF training before she was a year old.

I would be open to a chapter in BC, got a 12 week old pp and could use all the help

This thread was started in 2012 and now over 6 years later nobody can get their act together to get a group going?????
    Seems like everybody in this section is either waiting for "somebody else"to do the work or interest has faded before it got started.
    Since I'm interested in anything related with hunting dogs and I'm already with VDD Canada I got connections with the Board of Directors of the Alberta NAVHDA I'd be willing to help getting things started.

How many of you are willing to join?
    Where should it be located in BC?
    Who is going to be in charge?
    Who has experience training and testing dogs?

I have zero experience training and testing pretty new to hunting, but would travel to the coast or kootneys

I'm on the coast and of course I'd like to see one down here in the Fraser Valley but I'd also be willing to travel up into the Okanagan if that was a better location. Even though I've had three bird dogs (two brittany spaniels who virtually taught themselves to hunt since we hunted pheasants almost everyday of the season for over ten years back in the eighties/early nineties) I really only had to do obedience work with them. Now I have an almost two year old griff. I feel like I've done a pretty good job training her but it's only because of the information I've gotten and the videos I've watched from profession trainers.

I think the reason there has been some reluctance on getting a chapter going is because it sounds like most of us are in the same boat. We all have a hunting dog and are interested in getting the most out of our dog but since none of us has been a member of an existing NAVHDA chapter before we don't know the ins and outs of what it entails to run one or get it going.
    Last edited by mastercaster; 11-18-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Lots of love for the PP's! I think the best bet would be to do a "season ticket drive" get people to put up 50 bucks or so that are interested and use that setup the first meeting to get the ball rolling. I'm thinking the interior is the best spot. But really ot all comes down to having somewhere to do it.

Since the majority of people just want to get their dogs in "working order"maybe they don't want a NAVHDA but instead just a club where information and training is exchanged?Like with NAVHDA and VDD,KLM or DK clubs you need the memberships to pay for testing,club fees etc. My point is that you need a healthy commitment from people to make it work.
    As I said I know the Directors of the Alberta chapter and I'm sure they would be willing to help out getting things established but this is not a "one pony show".

Yupp totally agree, I think something like that would work kinda like a baby step to becoming a chapter. I'm going to look more into the chapter setup tomorrow and I'll post back with some ideas.