Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what arrows to use

Re: what arrows to use

Goldtip all the way. Tough arrows, unless you hit a rock. I've been using them for 9 years. Have tried others but always come back to GT.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!

Bow Walker Guest

Are they any arrows that are bad? I have GT XT and I am about try a set of of GT Velocity XT. I'm not expecting any great difference except they're a bit lighter.

I do like the toughness of GT, that's about it. Again, I don't really have anything to compare it to.
    Stephane....
    There are arrow shafts that are more expensive than GT's - but they are not more durable nor are they as tough as the GT's.

Nothing out there - to my knowledge - can match the GT's for price point plus durability. If there are other shafts as tough I haven't met them in over 12 years of shooting.

i normally fletch all my arrows myself but i found myself in a store and needed arrows so i bought some victory vforce arrows with blazer vanes. i love the arrows they fly very well but a few of the fletch just pops off when i shoot so i will never be buying prefletched arrows again. i much prefer to fletch my own but in the shop there were no bare shafts to choose from. i guess its a lesson learned but they are great arrows and blazer vanes are top notch as well.

Victory hv's are garbage. Very weak. My omen broke 5 out of 12 the first time i used them at a 3d. I know so many people who used them and switched. They are the weakest arrows ive shot.

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboehm View Post
    Victory hv's are garbage. Very weak. My omen broke 5 out of 12 the first time i used them at a 3d. I know so many people who used them and switched. They are the weakest arrows ive shot.
    Victory's low-end arrows don't sound so good - but the v-force sound like they are better.

Which is why I prefer Gold Tip shafts.

All their shafts - starting with their least expensive ones - are tough, durable, and take a ton of punishment.

i shoot gold tip warrior's out of my diamond razor edge at 60lb and 26in draw love them i have shot beeman's and i only have 2 left of the dozen they broke in the 3d deer on impact.

I've been using the Gold Tip XT Hunters lately, before that their Expedition Hunters. Next I might try some Gold Tip Zebra print Ted Nugent shafts cuz they kooool
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

GT expition hunters are a great arrow .. Used them before I got myself into some Darkhorse shafts

either way for 60 pound draw 28" I would go with some 400 spines or a 55-75 label .. cut at about 27" tipped with 100 Grain heads and blazers ... If you intend to use Mechanical broadheads I would go with mini blazers ... for fixed heads use regular blazers.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I've been using the Gold Tip XT Hunters lately, before that their Expedition Hunters. Next I might try some Gold Tip Zebra print Ted Nugent shafts cuz they kooool
    They're also very heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    They're also very heavy.
    ten grains more. Kinda like shooting a magnum (
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004