Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what arrows to use

what arrows to use

well i sold my compound bow a few years ago may be3 years ago. Well decided it is time to get back into archery. picked my self up a bowtech assasin. Bow feels good in my hands and comfotable to shoot. Well i am in the market for some arrows for th bow. i am looking for a good arrow in the 100 to 150 dollar mark per dozon. i just want to use the one arrow for all my needs 3D and hunting. i will be shooting 60 pounds with a 28 inch draw. after somereadinglooks like the blazer vane is the new in thing for vanes. does any one have any good arrow ideas

2. Site Sponsor

Re: what arrows to use

Gold tip expedition or XT. Order from bowhunters superstore in the usa there $59.99 a dozen for shafts. Excellent arrows

x2 for Gold Tip. I shoot the Expedition Hunter..and I bought from Bowhunter's Superstore as well. I have them shipped to Ship Happens in Sumas, and save a ton $ I believe it was $79 for a dozen, cut to size, inserts glue in, Blazer vanes, and shipping.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboehm View Post
    Gold tip expedition or XT. Order from bowhunters superstore in the usa there $59.99 a dozen for shafts. Excellent arrows
    Have you access to an arrow cut-off saw and a fletching jig? If yes - then order the uncut shafts, then cut an equal amount from both ends of the shaft. Straightens lesser expensive shafts so that they are as good (or better) than the more expensive shafts. Plus it's a real rush to make and shoot your own arrows.

X3 on the Gold Tips. I've had very good results with them for the past 12 years or so. I have been using the Expedition Hunters and have been (and still am) very pleased with them.

I use the carbon x weave in the 300 gn............took a few animals with them.
    member of the Kingfisher rod and gun club.

I used the carbon xweaves for 2 years. Over priced and broke way to often. Sinced i switched to gold tip havent broke any.

Depends what you want more, speed or kinetic energy.

I use VAP for 3D and I use Easton ACC for hunting. The ACC's are heavy for hunting and the VAP are light and faster for 3d.
    Success = Marry the right person, this single decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.

Are they any arrows that are bad? I have GT XT and I am about try a set of of GT Velocity XT. I'm not expecting any great difference except they're a bit lighter.

I do like the toughness of GT, that's about it. Again, I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Victory VForce HV's are an awesome arrow. Stiff spine and very light. I use them both for 3D and big game hunting. Nothing wrong with GT's though. They are very durable and affordable. With todays tech, you can't go wrong. From a dealers stand point, I do not like Easton. They change their specs way to often. Just my 2 cents.

Living life at full draw.

VAP's for 3D hunting and 900's / Target