Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dall sheep at tutshi lake

dall sheep at tutshi lake

anybody out there hunt the area around tutshi lake for dall sheep or any big game...MU 6-27...

2. Site Sponsor

No, but i tell ya i sure wish I had. That is gods country

I have two friends who shot two rams out of Tutshi .... it was a tough hunt and few sheep.

Another note -

The "true dalls" lay west of Bennett lake. The white sheep east of Bennet lake typically have black tails rendering them in the Stone's sheep category for book keeping purposes.

If you want a true dall's sheep ... put in and hunt west of Bennet ..... the white sheep east of Bennet sure look all white etc ... but their tails are black and some will also have scattered black hairs. Thus - they are in the Stone's (fannin) sheep category.

Re: dall sheep at tutshi lake

If there's more than a hundred black hairs, you got yourself a Stones sheep bro

Iv hunted up that way a couple times, my gf and I will be headed back this year with a leh. Nice country, seen quite a few goats around, and the odd sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor84 View Post
    That may have been the accepted truth in the past, but is no longer the case.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...dall-1.4908206

I live about 45 minutes north in Mount Lorne, Yukon. Shoot me a message and I'll help you out where I can. I might have some pics of the area from a few summers back and we go hiking in that area every once in awhile.

I hunted that area years ago and there were lots of white sheep. There were a very few that had a little grey mixed in but mainly bright white sheep. I personally wouldn’t particularly care if a white sheep in my pictures or on my wall was technically a Dall or Stone’s sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor84 View Post
    You realize you just commented on someone else’s comment from 15 years ago hahahaha

erroneously to boot
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole