Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rest Options?

Re: Rest Options?

Quote Originally Posted by Sideofabarn View Post
    Interesting points there guys. I have to admit that one of the things I thought was neat was the clamp for the string, as I don't have a string separator to do the install. I did however notice the containment bar, and wondered if it would catch the vane on the way through...
    Throw the clamp in the garbage so you're not tempted to use it. Put the containment bar with it.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Interesting points there guys. I have to admit that one of the things I thought was neat was the clamp for the string, as I don't have a string separator to do the install. I did however notice the containment bar, and wondered if it would catch the vane on the way through...
    No worries, you can get away without seperating the string if you want, by using a Lark's Head knot (same knot used on 1 side of a string loop) to tie the cord to your cable, and then serving above it (to keep it from sliding up)...works very well.
    As long as there's carbon in the air, there's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser View Post
    No worries, you can get away without seperating the string if you want, by using a Lark's Head knot (same knot used on 1 side of a string loop) to tie the cord to your cable, and then serving above it (to keep it from sliding up)...works very well.
    Here's a video where the guy uses a lark's head knot to anchor the rip cord to the cable.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05oxB52RgQM

SSS

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    What would be the best arrow rest to use with fobs ?
    im using my qad hdx with my fobs, you have to use the taller launcher that is supplied with the rest and you wont have any issues, any of the vaportrail rests will work great also with fobs

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    I'm soooooo done losing fletching with my biscuit.

QAD ultra rest HDX is in the mail.

SSS
    Where did you order your rest from if you dont mind me asking ?
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........

Nevermind I found one...............
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Bow Walker Guest

It is entirely possible to separate the string/cable (without having to use a bow press) by using a field point that has had its very sharp point rounded off a bit. I keep a piece of an arrow - about 10 inches long - that I have glued an insert into and then screwed in my fixed up field point into.

I use it to gently work my way through the strands of the string/cable - being very careful - this then allows for you to insert a larger, duller object in there to widen the gap enough so that you can insert the cable/rope from a drop-away arrow rest. Pull the rope through until it is tight - without actuating the rest - and then remove your tools from the string/cable. Go to full draw on your bow - the rest rope will actuate the drop-away feature of the arrow rest while sliding through, and up a bit in the downward moving cable on your bow.

When you let down from full draw the rest rope is naturally in its optimal position to operate the drop-away arrow rest. Go ahead and cut off the excess and melt a nice mushroom ball on the end so that it won't pull back through the cable. Now you can serve in a nice tight knot on the upper side of the rest rope so that it cannot move upward at all. Bingo - done.

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    im using my qad hdx with my fobs, you have to use the taller launcher that is supplied with the rest and you wont have any issues, any of the vaportrail rests will work great also with fobs
    Thanks Donny.brooke ! Who do you buy your fobs through, I am looking for a supplier!

Quote Originally Posted by NaStY View Post
    Nevermind I found one...............
    Sorry missed this one.
    I ordered mine direct from QAD. Since then I have found them slighter cheaper on another site.

It was my best bow purchase to date!!
    Now my 50 and 60 yrd groups look like my old 20 and 30 yd groups with my whisker biscuit...and the new rest is dead silent when drawing my bow.

I now enjoy shooting again!

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Sorry missed this one.
    I ordered mine direct from QAD. Since then I have found them slighter cheaper on another site.

It was my best bow purchase to date!!
    Now my 50 and 60 yrd groups look like my old 20 and 30 yd groups with my whisker biscuit...and the new rest is dead silent when drawing my bow.

I now enjoy shooting again!

No worries, looking forward to trying mine out when it comes in...........