Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest Options?

Re: Rest Options?

Also ... Dawg boy has a Scissor rest for sale .... that would work great for you I suspect .... the nice thing is ... it wont cost ya much .... just straight arm him on his forehead and take it lmao
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

What would be the best arrow rest to use with fobs ?

I'm soooooo done losing fletching with my biscuit.

QAD ultra rest HDX is in the mail.

SSS

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    I'm soooooo done losing fletching with my biscuit.

QAD ultra rest HDX is in the mail.

SSS
    Best rest going in my mind....won't own another Code Red.
    As long as there's carbon in the air, there's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser View Post
    Glad to hear that I didn't do as much research as I would have liked to.

SSS

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser View Post
    how come?
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    What would be the best arrow rest to use with fobs ?
    Find a "drop away" rest that gets out of the way in a hurry so there is no chance of contact with the FOB.

Any containment rest is all but out of the question for FOBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    how come?
    More of a personal thing and maybe a little nit pickey, but I'm strictly a bow hunter and prefer the features on the QAD.

I know many guys that love theirs (most of them will outshoot me any day of the week), but here are my reasons I wasn't 100% sold on the Code Red I owned, and few others I've used:

1. Doesn't stay up upon let down, which I find nice for hunting (the little rubber arrow gripper that sticks to the shelf is a poor substitute)

2. The containment bar on the Code Red is a phoney little thing that never seems to stay tight in the mortise on the few I've used (for target shooting, take it off no problem as containment means little).

3. I find them a little noisey when compared to the QAD HDX (will this matter on critters...likely not, but I can hear the difference (I think))

4. The football clamp is useless (I serve them in anyway, but they are nice for set up if they didn't slip so easily (the QAD clamp is great and could be left on no problem).

5. My fork kept coming loose, and it would cant a little when this happened...guess I could have loctited it on.

On the plus side, I do like the fact that Rip Cord only makes one rest and it comes with the lock down feature standard (have to buy an upper end QAD to get this feature)., and I also like the rubber on the rest fork...nice touch.
    As long as there's carbon in the air, there's hope!

Fair enuf ... Thanks for your insight ... I appreciate it ... Nothing bothers me more than someone saying they dont like something without a reason behind it so again thank you .... It will prove usefull to peoples research later
    Please let me re-but
    I agree with the let down and not staying up ...the other side of that coin is that I know it will go away when I let a shot go ... with one that stays up I would be worried about it staying there ... Montana Black Gold put out an inertia driven rest a few years ago (10-15ish) I found that was prone to staying up ...more so with less vibey bows
    I also agree with the containment bar thingy ... its a PITA ... I take em off and chuck em since the forks are long enough to contain every movement other that upside down
    the noise factor .... Never noticed and neither has anything I know thats been shot with one
    the football clamp ... Totally useless POS IMHO and in fact any clamp on any bowstring or cable is a hinderance to your bows performance... Always split the cable and tie the lanyard into place like you would a peep. I understand why companys put the clamp in ...So Joe lunchbox can put it on himself without a string separator or a press (both are relitively cheap and portable presses are everywhere nowadays)

I personally tend to locktite everything when I install .... the purple stuff designed for #4 and smaller fasteners works great
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 05-22-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    A true Archery Nut

Interesting points there guys. I have to admit that one of the things I thought was neat was the clamp for the string, as I don't have a string separator to do the install. I did however notice the containment bar, and wondered if it would catch the vane on the way through...
    Team Goldbond Administrative Assistant