Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Spring EVER!! My 3yr olds first fish

Re: Best Spring EVER!! My 3yr olds first fish

Way to go, Thats the way to make memory's that will last forever. ......for you and your daughter. Congrats

awesome job Daryl , any signs of g-bears in them there sandbars ?

Thanks to you Daryl...It was excellent learning a new skill (slowly mind you) on how to catch big bull trout....

The family bbq's on the beach were a blast, now I can hardly wait for the river to go down again so we get back at it...

Was great watching your daughter trying to bonk that 6 or so lb fish....
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

then after a couple more days i went back to that spot and sat down took a cast and in with a 12.5 lber, pics suck cause nothing to hold the fish against

then a few more days later was down below Wardener on the Kootenay and just hammered the big ones

then it was time to turkey hunt,,
    The turkey hunting was the same as it has been for the past 6 yrs,,,Awesome!!
    all of you that have not done it i suggest you do because it a so outstanding calling these massive birds in and letting them have it when they are in full glory!
    Rocksteady and i had a grab opening morning , although no birds were killed we sure saw some good toms just didn't come into the shotgun range , but were that ever gobbling at us. second morning was the same as the first but i was able to put down a great tom at the 20lb mark he was a beauty!

Now it was time to get back to fishing!! the turkey deed was done

Well now that the turkey was dead it was back to the kootenay river for more of the big bulls, boy they are sure a good eating fish, just full of fat to the likes i have never seen before, these fish have so much fat in them you can't even see the actual guts cause the fat engulfed them.
    the first pic is of a nice fat 8lber in my sink, notice i have not actually cleaned the black line out of this fish yet

then a few more pics of some more bulls, i released on average 5-7 a night as big or bigger than the ones i kept, i always keep the first one in that is at least 8 lbs then catch and release the rest of the day or evening, sometimes it sucked letting the real big ones go but as long as i had a good one on the beach i was alright with it.

this big bull trout was close to the 17lb mark and boy did he battle good before being released!!
    Last edited by Ddog; 05-19-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Its a rough life you've got there buddy

Ill have to try and make it down there for gobblers next year. Ill bring the beer
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Pretty tough to have to live in an area so devoid of fish and wildlife! Great job, sweet memories!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

ya,, its tough living in the Kootenays for sure, theres never anything to do especially when i get home at 11 in the morning and have the whole day to try and find something to do.

heres Mike's big boy, he's already posted this pic

and my daughters first one!! Notice how happy she is, she loves to fish and wants so badly to go get a deer so we can eat it,(her words)

Fantastic fish! You're having way to much fun. Love the photos.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.