Time to step up or loose it. It looks like it is coming to ahead with the Coquitlam (No) Discharge of Bows Bylaw. They seem to want to stick to the original version of Bylaw 4266, 2012 and close all of Coquitlam to bowhunting. I am trying to gather information on which areas to fight for to keep bowhunting open in Coquitlam. Any information you can share with me would be helpful such as:
1. Which areas do you not hunt? (what areas can we let go?)
2. Where do you find the most conflict between recreational users and bowhunters?
3. What areas are worth trying to keep open to bowhunting and which can be given away due to no game or impossible to hunt due to bad/steep terrain? Provide some boundaries that are easy to enforce. I have not been too successful on finding where to draw the line.
4. What species do you hunt?
5. Do you hunt for rough (non game) fish with a bow?
6. What trails do recreational users travel on?
any other information that may be helpful....
It is important you will need to send letters, emails or make phone calls to tell Coquitlam Council that the resources are for all to share.
It is also important you show up for the Council Input meeting Tuesday night. Follow my name to find the post with information on Tuesdays May 15th meeting.
Thanks for your assistance. Paul J.