Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: HELP! I lost the blood trail!

Re: HELP! I lost the blood trail!

Quote Originally Posted by redthorn View Post
    I still think you killed it, based on the blood you had compared to my bear which had a pass through and only bled 2x drops.
    I have seen this many times. Some of my best shots have produced the least amount of blood because it all stays inside the chest cavity. I've also had a couple of poor hits in shoulder or brisket, over the years, bleed like this bear and then simply dry up after the first hundred yards. Blood from a flesh wound all comes out of the body and it looks like alot. If it was all dark red like that in the picture, rather than pink and frothy, it could be that you didn't quite make it into the chest cavity. Chances are he will heal up none the worse for wear.
    Don't ever forget that you just may wind up being wrong!! -- Jimmy Buffet

I personally shoot with Stepane and know first hand he is a spot on shot out to 50 yards. I feel you did everything right bud. It happens to us all. And to be honest.... It will likely happen again You have to remember guys todays bows will out shoot most archers. Every person has their own comfort zone. They dont make a seven pin site for nothing.... Most of todays shots are between 20-50 yards. 37 yards is a totally ethical shot. One in which I would take all day long. Stepane keep your head up. I know your abilities, and know you'll seal the deal sooner than later.

Living life at full draw.

Nice meeting you today ! So ........was the bear black ? And what side did you shoot it on ? May have seen your bear tonight .......found a 4' 6" - 5' 0" limping , not far from where I met you .
    member of the Kingfisher rod and gun club.

I got the PM, I'll contact you tomorrow with details. But the size seems right. It was brown in colour.
    Thanks, Jim.

Bow Walker Guest

Go get him Stephane!

Question for all the thinkers out there though - assuming that it is the same bear, will Stephane have to buy and cut another tag?

[IMG][/IMG]

seems this one , not far from where i seen you was sleeping on a rock in the slash where we met. watched for some time to make sure it was not dead or have cubs..............dropped down climbed into 50 yard range and let him come to the 35 yard range, had quite the limp on the right side front leg..............decided to let him walk.
    Last edited by jetboat jim; 05-21-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    member of the Kingfisher rod and gun club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Go get him Stephane!

Question for all the thinkers out there though - assuming that it is the same bear, will Stephane have to buy and cut another tag?
    Yes. First it was illegal for him to cut the tag the first time and if he gets caught dragging a freshly killed bear out now, a week later. He better have a fresh cut tag. We all know if he shot the same bear again and didn't buy a new tag it would all be squared up. But the law won't see it that way
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Bow Walker Guest

Just wanted to make it crystal clear for the "noobies"........

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    Yes. First it was illegal for him to cut the tag the first time and if he gets caught dragging a freshly killed bear out now, a week later. He better have a fresh cut tag. We all know if he shot the same bear again and didn't buy a new tag it would all be squared up. But the law won't see it that way
    It really depends on the circumstances as to whether canceling his tag was illegal. Had had reason to suspect the animal was down and he did what every hunter would do and cancel his tag. Every situation is different. Not to many hunters would do that and it was just inexperience on his part and a lesson learned.

So say I shoot a moose out in a swamp. I walk to withing 30yrds and it appears dead. I decide to go back and get my stuff (boots knife and rope) so I can get out there and bring it to shore. I decide now is a good time to cut my tag because doing so after is well against the law. I come back and the moose is gone. Is this an illegal situation? No its not illegal because my intent wasn't to fool anyone or break the law.

I doubt that black bear was the same one because the bear he shot was brown........

As for the question about a new tag. Absolutely he needs another tag. The law would say it was a different bear and a very clear indicator.............
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........