Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rifle question!

Re: Rifle question!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave View Post
    I know this is going to sound really lame, but I grew up shooting the Lee Enfields in cadets which were converted to .22's lol, they were great as 22's dont know how they would work out non converted
    So did I!!! They were a blast. I also got the pleasure of using the FN C1A1 (7.62 mm)

I shot the C-7's when I was in the reserves and I wouldn't compare them to anything you'd hunt moose with..don't know off hand what calibre the Rem870 is but if ya go with anything power wise like that 300 win you'll do just fine cheers

Dont worry U will do fine with any firearm U happen to pick up and shoot with a little familiarization. I did 20 years in the US Navy and Marine Corps as a line corpsman carried an M-14 GI, or an M-16 or a Remington 870 12 bore pump and a 45 1911 A1 colt. It was 20 years from the time I retired to the time I picked up my first civilian firearm and started shooting and hunting again. Took to it like a duck to water. Get yourself a Remington 700 BDL in 30/06 with a good hunk of glass on top and U will be able to take anything in North America, save the great bears and it will take them to in a pinch. The aught 6 is the single best caliber there is except for maybe the 375H&H. The aught 6 will kill CPX3 class game out farther than U can shoot accurately without lots and lots of range time. There are more bullet weights available for the aught 6 than any other offering, all the way from varmint light weight bullets up to and over 200grain heavy's. Ammo is available everywhere and relatively cheap, recoil is almost non existent U can even get ammo at the corner gas station in Bear crotch B.C. Have fun and good luck on yur group hunt, hope ya get one.
    Last edited by eaglesnester; 02-18-2014 at 01:50 PM.