Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: time to fire up the smoker

Re: time to fire up the smoker

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Thats the problem with a Big Chief, keeping a consistant temperature. Say 2-3 hours in the smoker then how many in the oven?
    Until there done. LOL If your smoker dosen't get to hot they could still take several hours in the oven @220. the key to pork is low and slow don't rush it. The meathod Jeff is using is curing like you would sausage the way I'm talking is cooking.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Time to dust off the Big Chief and hit Walmart, damn I'm hungry now!
    i no ,im hopeing to get mine in the chief tomorrow after work and have them ready tuesday morning when i get up for work ...ill post pics when there done

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    Until there done. LOL If your smoker dosen't get to hot they could still take several hours in the oven @220. the key to pork is low and slow don't rush it. The meathod Jeff is using is curing like you would sausage the way I'm talking is cooking.
    Do you use a rub or marinade and how long do they sit before they go into the smoker?
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Do you use a rub or marinade and how long do they sit before they go into the smoker?
    I use a homemade dry rub. usually let them sit overnight but Ive done a few that have only sat for an hour or 2 still turned out good. Check out the bradley smoker forum lots of recipies and the basic smoke and cooking techniques are basically the same for any smoker

You can pm me if you like I don't want to high jack jeff's thread any more unless he doesn't care

Can't wait for the finished pics Jeff
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    I use a homemade dry rub. usually let them sit overnight but Ive done a few that have only sat for an hour or 2 still turned out good. Check out the bradley smoker forum lots of recipies and the basic smoke and cooking techniques are basically the same for any smoker

You can pm me if you like I don't want to high jack jeff's thread any more unless he doesn't care

Can't wait for the finished pics Jeff
    no its ok ..u guys chat away ,its all good..the dry rub i use is a two part cure ...the spice and salt ,then a little packet of cure ..it has red dye in it ,makes the meat more desirable looking ...it recomends leaving the rub to cure for 24hrs for jerky ,so being thicker ribs i let them cure longer ...
    Last edited by Jeff88; 05-06-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Looks good Jeff! Now you got my wife going on about doing some elk ribs. Damn! Looks like I'll be doing some for Mothers Day!

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Looks good Jeff! Now you got my wife going on about doing some elk ribs. Damn! Looks like I'll be doing some for Mothers Day!
    haha ...sorry man... but dont you like em too

I often do ribs low and slow on the BBQ with hickory chips.

I often smoke onions and tomatoes to make a smokey BBQ sauce, too.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

The cook/deckhands on the tugs I work on use a dry rub for ribs and it's to die for,I'll see if they will part with the secret ingredients,
    I never was a big fan of ribs until I had them with this dry rub on them,kind of a sweet n spicy........hhmmm !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Great thread folks, it's 4:30 in the morning and I'm hungry for Ribs!! Man those look good!
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.