Thread: Topo Maps

Topo Maps

I dont know if this is where I should post this but... Im going up to the Cache Creek-Gang Ranch area this weekend but I do not have a Topo for this area. I do not have time to order one and get it in time.

Does any one know of a place I can physically walk into in the lower mainland to purchase Topo maps? Is there a site on the net that you can download and print? Does any one have one for that area that they can scan and email to me? Any info would help. I do not like going into unfamiliar areas with nothing. I have GPS, but I can only ever trust me, a map and my compass.

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Topo Maps

I think the new backroads map book has elevations on it... Check it out.
    Interested to hear your report when you get back if you dont mind. Headed there in 3 weeks myself, pm me if you want.

the place is in cloverdale look under maps was called nixon maps
    Animals are my friends, my friends taste good bbq

Skyview Outdoors across from the skytrain station at Scott Rd.
    101 12355 Patullo Place, Scott Rd & 110 Ave Surrey 604 580-3777. the are 1/50,000. Phone to see if they have the grid area you want. good luck
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Thanks guys, I appreciate the tips. I called my Dad and asked him where he used to get his and he tells me,"why dont you just come and get the computer program I have" He has all the top maps in all scales on a two disk program. That was to easy. When I get it I will post what program it is if anyone is interested.

Thanks again

youngfellla Guest

I order all my topos from www.maptown.com.

$10.00 per map, awesome service, very quick about processing & shipping orders.