Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabbits?

Rabbits?

Anybody else on here hunt rabbits? season opens on Aug 1st around here, and already planning the day out chasing them. Just curious.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

2. Site Sponsor

I grew up in Kamloops and I use to hunt rabbits in the Kamloops Lake area. The closest that I remember being is about 10 miles past Tranquille Institution for the Mentaally handicapped. I have not hunted in that area for more than 25 years. I hope there are still areas that contain small game. Also, I hunted in the Barriere area, but since the fires last year, there may be limited access. Puppy.
    GOOD FRIENDS TO HUNT WITH, FRESH AIR TO BREATH, THE B.C. OUTDOORS, BIG GAME AND BROADHEADS, WHAT A LIFE. MAY THE DESTINATION OF YOUR PROJECTILES REACH YOUR DESIRED POINT AND YOUR NEXT HARVEST BEST YOUR BEST TO DATE.

Rabbits

We have shot the odd rabbit while Deer hunting to keep the grouse company in the stew pot but I found them to be strong in taste. Are they are better early in the year? BCKID
    Stay between the ditches/I like my TRUCK
    Once you hit 50 you don't have to justify anything you want to buy!!

Actually, i've been very very interested in doing it, but haven't been too lucky so far. Stupid rabbits.

i seen one rabbit last year out hunting and i took a shot at it but i missed wich is probably a good thing cuz i dont have a clue how to clean them...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I prefer early season rabbits, find that they taste more like bark later in the year. I usually hunt an area between Kamloops and Merrit, with alot of hunting on Greenstone mountain, best i ever did was 5, and saw 50+. As to cleaning, pretty easy, take out the guts, and cut off the head, skind it, and put it in a shopping bag. not like a deer, or moose where you have to worry about cutting the wrong part.

Kirby

Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

how do u cut the guts out though...i heard there is some skill to it???
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

like a fish, thats the simpliest way to explain it. Cut up from the back legs, to rib cage, and pull out the guts. Do it once or twice, and you get alot cleaner, and faster at it, and figure out your own way to do it.

Kirby

I like hang them by the head to pull the fur off first. Then I make a cut at the bottom of the ribcage and poke my fingers in and hold back the stomach and intestines from getting cut. It makes a hell of a mess if you tear the stomach or the intestines. it's like saw dust all over the meat and it's a pain to try and get it off once you've done it.

Oh yah watch out for the bladder too. If you spill any urin on the rabbit it's going to mess up the meat.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

i read or heard something soem where about cutting along the feet and then bunchin the fur up and slicing it off the back and then its skiinned and then all u have to do is cut the stomach open...i will try to find what i read and post it here later...