Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opinion please

opinion please

how would the average joe lunchbox set up this rest based upon the instructions included here

????

Discuss ... where would the Newbie that just bought this at wholesale or any other box store instal the lanyard to based upon these instructions
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 05-02-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: opinion please

Better be a helluva long lanyard..............

Easy. I'd come to your place
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Those don't look like instructions to me.Just looks like a little "look what we can do for ya" advertising.They always assume nowadays that people have the internet,which is why they have their website I guess. www.mathewsinc.com,does it have any instructions there?I've had a few other things I've bought and they always refer to a website now.Saves paper and printing I guess.Clear like mud those instructions are!
    Found a video on their site shows a little clearer.
    http://mathewsinc.com/product/downfo...row-rest/#2837
    Last edited by lilhoss; 05-02-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Count your age by friends...not years. Count your life by smiles...and not tears.

Set up three of them. Takes about twenty minutes. I'm still shooting the one I put on my Mathews, about three years ago, with no problems
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Ambush ... you are a little smarter than the average bear ....

either way ... point being ... you technically do attach this to yer string of a solo Cam bow ... the part of the string that travels downward when you draw ... on a 2 cam bow it would be a "down cable". Expirenced people would know this ... but a newbie that wants to set up his gear might not .....

just a warning as a few people that are aquainted with others I know have made this mistake ... I have set up a few of these rests and they work great ...
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Technically those arent the instructions but alot of people dont read instructions and I could definately see somebody with a 2 cam bow attaching it to the string.

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by TheProvider View Post
    Technically those arent the instructions but alot of people dont read instructions and I could definately see somebody with a 2 cam bow attaching it to the string.
    Seen a pic today of a guy doing just that to a solocam ...attached it 6" below his nock point ..... hence the original reason of this thread
    A true Archery Nut

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    Seen a pic today of a guy doing just that to a solocam ...attached it 6" below his nock point ..... hence the original reason of this thread
    Well I hope he asked someone for help/advice before trying it out. It'd be great for archery pro shops to do clinics once in awhile on bow tuning/setting ups. Would help alot of ppl

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

I would have tried attaching it to my string...but probably would have clued in. Perhaps I need to upgrade from the biscuit? What's the extension on the outside of the rest for?
    Whatever...I'm going hunting