Thread: Interesting Black Bear Interaction in Manning

Interesting Black Bear Interaction in Manning

I was told this story by my dad yesterday, which he was told from a friend. His friend was hiking in Manning by himself recently on a skinny trail cut into the side of a mountain, steep on both sides, too steep to go up or down, only along the trail. He encountered a black bear travelling towards him, at first they both stopped, then the bear started coming again, he started talking, the bear stopped briefly then started coming again. He yelled and waved his arms, the bear stopped and then started coming again all the while at a walking pace. Finally he blew his whistle, the bear stopped, he blew it hard again, there was a fallen tree on the trail between them which extended out over the side of the cliffy trail, the bear ran to this tree and climbed out to the end of it. The man took the opportunity to skirt by the bear on the trail. He looked back and after he passed the bear climbed back and carried down the trail. I thought it was a pretty interesting bear interaction story and thought I'd share it.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Interesting Black Bear Interaction in Manning

Interesting story and one of the reasons I do not hike in parks = can't pack a gun...
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Re: Interesting Black Bear Interaction in Manning

It's a park all animals have the the right It didn't challenge them it had the right
    BIG GAME HUNTER