Thread: New Bow Issues

New Bow Issues

Just picked up the 2012 PSE Stinger 3G and had an issue. First shot I herd something So I looked the bow over and noticed the peep was a little off at full draw, I adjusted the tube that pulls the peep inline 4th shot It popped out of the string. Looks like it cracked the first shot and was not put in the string properly. I am planing on taking it back and getting a new one tomorrow. Has anyone had issues with there string on any of the newer PSE's? I plan on having a higher end string and cables put on but it would be nice if Could slide buy with a stock spring for the next month or two. Also how easy is it to put a new peep in the string (one with out the tube)?

Cheers

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Bow Issues

peep is an easy fix , so is getting rid of the rubber tube

maybe the tube's too short and putting too much tension. Fairly easy to put back in, just insert a thin "dull" spreader and twist. You can get an actual string spreader tool but I just use the leaver arm of nail clippers. After you've got your peep settled in and alligned suggest you mark the location as sure as shootin it'll pop out again
    Gut Moose?

New PSE kits can have the peep served single, above & below. They can move a little too far away from the peep in shipping and may pop out.

Had the exact same issue with my 2011 PSE Brute, took the tube peep off, put on a G5 meta peep, tied it in without a tube, WAY better. Took some fiddling to get it inline but its a lot better.
    Make Your Own Luck

Thanks fellas I will be getting rid of the tube peep and putting in a tubeless peep. Looks like 358win hit it on the head the peep served is to far apart to hold anythin in the string.

the peep wasnt tied in around the housing???? interesting....

at anyrate ... the peep that come on kit bows are not tied in at all ... they are installed but not tied in because each person is differant .... the upper and lower ties are spread out to allow the end user to adjust to their specs ... and then tie it it in.

keep buying stuff at Wholesale or Cabelas or other non speciality shops ..... keeps guys like me busy
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bow Walker Guest

I'd also want to "shoot the string in" before making the peep permanent. By that I mean stand close to the target butt and shoot at least 75 to 100 arrows into the target. That'll settle the string/cable set and get you over the string stretching that normally happens on new bows.

Many times you can slide the peep serving closer to the peep to hold it in position - after you determine the final position of the peep, that is.

Determine the peep height by coming to full draw and a stable anchor position with your eyes closed - when you are in your normal shooting position - open your aiming eye. Are you looking right through the peep? If not, adjust the peep upward or downward so that you do not have to move your head at all to see through the aperture.

Now secure the peep into position.