Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flinch!

Re: Flinch!

Thanks for all the great tips, I think Bowzone Mikey was right and I was becoming a member of the "Chief Tookalook Tribe" After I read that I started to think about what was hapenning when the bad shots occurred. I was starting to peek over the left side of the peep before the shot was gone. Lately I have been really concentrating on looking at the aim spot until the arrow is in it and it has been going really well. I just got back from the range and only had one minor peek but because I was still holding steady I still got the 8. Last three times out have been much better. Thanks for all the help everyone. Cheers Roscoe ex member of the Chief Tookalook Tribe.

Bow Walker Guest

Congratulations. Not everyone can come to terms with their bad habits - and then overcome them.

Good for you.

great News !!!!

now ... go and fill a freezer
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

I've thought of putting a sticky note with "let it float" on the back of my upper limb except I'd worry that it would be considered "written memorandum" which is prohibited for Barebow.

-Grant

Hey RoscoeP , I read an artical on aiming by Henderson the coach of the American Olympic Archery team . He stated that some forms of TP accurr when the archer is trying to time his pin on the center of the yellow . He further explained that it is impossible to hold the sight pin steady dead center of the yellow . Some archers experience their sight pin doing a small figeur eight over the center and others it was an oval motion and others a circular or sideways motion . It matters not what is your personnel motion.
    He instructed his team to accept the small motion (some us shake or wobble) and relax during the following release .
    He further stated that your mind thru your eye knew when the pin was dead center . The key was if it wasn`t your brain also knew and upon release it instinctively inclined to move the pin from the outermost swing to the center. This reduces the mental urgancy of trying to get the perfect sight picture which in most cases is a unattainable fleeting moment .
    Often I had a great shot and don`t know why because my sight picture was off , that instintive centering took place.
    Just something that stuck with me from my compound days to add to the good points above .
    Cheers

I could not agree with this more.....when I used to compete at my best I shot unlimited compound but with a pin instead of a scope, when I tried to "keep up with the Jones" and use a scope, even though I was winning tournaments, the amount that the target moved through the scope unerved me enough that my scores went down. With the pin, coffee, nerves etc. wasn't as apparent and my confidence was not shaken and I shot my best.....I finally simply switched to olympic freestyle to match my technique
    I would have shot more...but I ran outta shells

Scott Longhorn Hex, that will cure your target anticipation, two stage adjustable hybrid back tension with clicker, worked for me, I ll never go back to my caliper again.