Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who soaks game meat in milk?

Re: Who soaks game meat in milk?

The milk defintely works I have had several with and without in many cuts. Really tenderizes the meat and makes it mild. If you ever get a stinker do it for sure. Hope never get one (a stinker that is)!
    Always remember the rear end you kick today may be the one you need to kiss tomorrow.

Kids that hunt and fish don't grow up to rob little old ladies!

I know for sure that any fat from any wild animal makes a big differance in the taste so I have always tried to take all fat off. I have used milk on a couple of old bucks and it does work. I have also used Beer and that works real good the only problem, I like the beer to much so I end up using milk again.

well now we used milk in cooking class to soak strong tasteing meats
    however I shoot bucks in full rut and don't have problems with it being gamy
    I gut it immeadiately and get the hide off within the hour and wash it down
    with water and vinegar about an ounce or two for a half pail . then i take it to the closest cooler . If you cant do that open the meat right to the bone to let out all the heat. If it's going to be more than a day in hot weather debone the whole thing .Dry the meat totally when you put it in a cooler
    holy underwear

I never have a problem with bad tasting meat although I do prefer Whitetail to Mulies or Blacktail but to stop any argument that is me and maybe not anyone else.As Tvohodi says the fat from Deer can sure make the meat taste bad if it has been frozer for a few months.The secret I find is to remove all fat from the meat before cooking.