Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new binocs?

Re: new binocs?

My son just bought a pair of Cabelas Euro bino's. They are made by swaro at half the cost. Good glass.

Quote Originally Posted by GMJH
    thanks for the info guys, gonna look in the bushnell power views, and keep my eye out for something nicer in the used category, might luck out
    In your "price range" stick with a Set of Porro prisms.
    They are Much better Glass then ANY of the Comparable Roof Prisms

I use a Bausch and lomb 8x42.Very bright and clear in early or late light.They are a little heavy so I bought a strap that goes around your chest and over your neck.No bounch on the quad or when bush whacking.Great invention.I ran into a hunter on our elk hunting trip this year who had a gyro set very cool but big price.We got our 6x6 elk after 3 days of having him in shot distance but could not get a horn count.The gyro model would have been handy.None the less he is in the freezer.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/binoculars.html
    The page covers all of the good advice that has been covered, but goes a tab deep on the reasons for various prisim designs.
    hope it can add some to your choice in bibos.
    Rob

If you are willing to get some used ones and live close to a city maybe put an ad in the paper, or in the buy and sell. You may be suprised on what kind of response you get, try the buy and sell, I thikn that it is free to place adds in it.
    Hunting does more than just providing sustenance, it keeps up in touch with who we are as people. More people in the bush equals more eyes looking out for wildlife.