Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dogs will eat the darndest things

Re: Dogs will eat the darndest things

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    Get pet insurance. best $30 a month you will ever spend IMO
    Where do you get it for that low a price?? I'm with Trupanion,,,, it's $55 a month and the only reason I could get it as low as that (high) price is because my deductible is $700.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    Where do you get it for that low a price?? I'm with Trupanion,,,, it's $55 a month and the only reason I could get it as low as that (high) price is because my deductible is $700.
    Always compare coverage, then price.
    No two policies are the same.

Yep.
    Remember to take the string OFF the chicken carcass BEFORE feeding it to the dog.

"Dexter, what's that you got hanging out of your...oh geez!"
    Your account has been banned permanently. Reason: Your account has been blocked due to comments that could be construed as hate speech. For more information, please visit: http://cbc.ca/submissions.

Wife took our three month lab into vet for shots and was paying bill a lady was in paying her bill looks at my wife and says grand total 49,763. Then she says vet said that I should put it down along time ago but that she didn’t have the heart to so it’s cost her that much. Where do you draw the line though

I looked into pet insurance, it was just under 200 a month because she is a hunting dog and runs in tests...madness

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    I looked into pet insurance, it was just under 200 a month because she is a hunting dog and runs in tests...madness
    Keep looking at other Insurers.
    Have never been asked what the "uses" of our dogs were.

Dental work is killer!!! little ankle biter Schnauzer @12 yo had a loose tooth behind her canine. Vet quote $ 1200 ++ Talked to the groomer and she told of a traveling service that does dental work. I contacted them and for $360 we now have sparkly clean teeth and a removed tooth that literally fell out on its' own.
    Very worthwhile to get a second opinion!!

Great news she’s doing well, one of my “late “ labs ate a piece of cord from her bed and we almost lost her, cost us $1600 then a year later we we had to have both her knees done....that was a kick in the junk but it gave her a good long life....don’t regret a penny!

My wife gave our golden retriever a double bed spread to keep it warm one night. In the morning I went down and the only thing left was about a one inch square piece of the damned thing. Several hours later the dog is down and not moving. Trip to the vet and x-ray shows that the fibres had wound into a ball the size of a volley ball. Back in 1999 it cost $850 to remove it but we did get the award for the biggest object that the vet had removed from a dog.

A gal just told me of her lab puppy sucking her engagement ring right off her finger. Pooped it out a couple of days later. I saw the ring and it's impressive!
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"