Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Backpacking gaunch! What'dya wear?

Re: Backpacking gaunch! What'dya wear?

I have one pair of saxx they feel really good and they prevent "things" from sticking! However more often then not after wearing them for a while during sports or hiking ect, I get a mad wedgie. Maybe it's just me, I don't know haha.

What a thread. Most educational.
    I have been using the Green bottle of Gold Bond for years. The guys in the firehall were using it years ago before heading out training or going to a fire call so I tried it out. Awesome!
    As for the underwear, I've never even bought my own before. The women have been doing the buying for me my entire life. Well, that stops today.
    Enough of the Costco bulk cotton packs of boxers. Time to buy my own. I am putting my foot down!
    Just ordered Saxx and Under Armour for starters. I am one step closer to becoming a man.
    Thanks guys.
    Patiently waiting here on my roof for the mob of Zombies. Can't wait!!!

I gotta resupply with some better undies thats for sure, I've tried a few different pairs of synthetics over the years and like polypro long underwear you can't stand your self after a couple days, and the synthetics seem to be a little tighter and squeeze the "wedding tackle" into uncomfortable locations. Definitly a worth while thread.
    I tried the goldbond green extra strength one year and it was the first time and WHOAH...that menthol really makes the boys feel weird for a little bit........
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master
    -Gatherer of the Elk meat

Used some of the Underarmour compression shorts last year. Awesome for hiking in but they f'n stink after a day or two.

Merino wool is the only way to go.

Merino wool is the only way to go.
    Hahaha... if you want your nuts to bake in an oven all day... lol. I haven't found merino ginch thin enough for me yet... First Lite is next-to-skin comfy but waaaay to warm and comes down to your knees. I like my MEC $10 synthetics because they are so thin. It takes maybe 3 days for my merino wool anything to start stinking.

There is a lot of non-stink stuff marketed now with silver particles, silver threaded in, merino's anti-bacterial and IMHO it's mostly bullshit. Or I just really stink.

I have one pair of saxx they feel really good and they prevent "things" from sticking! However more often then not after wearing them for a while during sports or hiking ect, I get a mad wedgie.
    That would rule those out for me... My $10 cheapies don't bunch up.
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

[QUOTE=yukon john;1131679]been free dogging since my first year guiding, never looked back.[/QUOTE ]

X2... Only thing worse than back pack "chub rub" is a "cold saddle wedgie"
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Lululemon rocks as they fit great, a great material, and have no seams between your legs. If you dont like to shop there you need to get over it as these are well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post
    Hahaha... if you want your nuts to bake in an oven all day... lol. I haven't found merino ginch thin enough for me yet... First Lite is next-to-skin comfy but waaaay to warm and comes down to your knees. I like my MEC $10 synthetics because they are so thin. It takes maybe 3 days for my merino wool anything to start stinking.

There is a lot of non-stink stuff marketed now with silver particles, silver threaded in, merino's anti-bacterial and IMHO it's mostly bullshit. Or I just really stink.
    Heh heh.

The merino stuff certainly does start to smell after a few days, but never seems to get 'bad' smelly. IMO it's much more bearable than the stench that comes from synthetics reacting to a gallon of ball sweat. Same for me with the smartwool shirts - wear for a week and I can still put up with it. If I wear an underarmour synthetic for 2 days, it stinks so bad the dog tries to roll in it.

I've been wearing icebreaker merinos for several years, they're very good !
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    I think I'm going to try the ones mentioned by Big Bore.

SSS
    Anyone have suggestions for scent killing socks for SSS lol ??