Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jim Shockey's dvd's.

Re: Jim Shockey's dvd's.

i like the jim shockey,,land of the giants 2 moose dvd.filmed in B.C. to

Travis C the series is called Muley Crazy. www.muleycrazy.com
    ph# 435 - 644 -2486. The newer stuff is better quality but the old vids have big bucks by the dozens also. Enjoy

WoodOx Guest

Dana is muley crazy!

http://www.muleycrazy.com/html/SteveDanaShed.htm

I thought id see mass n trash in that sheds sections lol

WoodOx Guest

Is it the eastmans films that also documents back in like the 40's or 50's in Northern BC (yukon maybe) where the hunter/actor/filmer (sp) builds his own cabin and takes Dalls at like 300 yards on open iron sights?

Saw the film once on TV - was amazing.

Agacher -

You're referring to "One Man's Wilderness"

Richard (Dick) Proenneke left the rush of city life behind and headed into the Alaska wilderness. His dream was to build a log cabin at Upper Twin Lakes, live off the land and truly test his self-reliance.

This is what you saw on TV - I also watched it and read his book a few years ago.

The National Park Service produced a film titled One Man's Alaska and a videotape, The Frozen North is also available. All feature the life of Richard (Dick) Proenneke.

If you want to see some of Eastman's film. Get a copy of "High, Wild and Free" -- filmed right here in BC. Its an older video but I think most will agree its pretty good.

youngfellla Guest

I enjoy the Jim Shockey videos. Some great footage & some good humour. Bart Lancaster's movies are pretty good as well.

Some of the Mark Sullivan videos from Africa are great to watch as far as shock value. The guy is a goof and completely full of himself, but those Cape Buffalo/Hippo charges are pretty intense!

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams
    Agacher -

You're referring to "One Man's Wilderness"

Richard (Dick) Proenneke left the rush of city life behind and headed into the Alaska wilderness. His dream was to build a log cabin at Upper Twin Lakes, live off the land and truly test his self-reliance.

This is what you saw on TV - I also watched it and read his book a few years ago.

The National Park Service produced a film titled One Man's Alaska and a videotape, The Frozen North is also available. All feature the life of Richard (Dick) Proenneke.

If you want to see some of Eastman's film. Get a copy of "High, Wild and Free" -- filmed right here in BC. Its an older video but I think most will agree its pretty good.
    Fantastic movie and book!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Check out his monster bruins video, filmed entierly on the island. awsome vid to get ya ready for the spring. Shockey also has a great hunting show on the outdoor channel.
    Todd

" one mans wilderness" have to agree with gatehouse if you get the chance to see the movie or read the book do it you won't be dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails
    Check out his monster bruins video, filmed entierly on the island. awsome vid to get ya ready for the spring. Shockey also has a great hunting show on the outdoor channel.
    I have this video and it is very good, some real big bears.