Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jim Shockey's dvd's.

Re: Jim Shockey's dvd's.

I've got a few Shockey videos,Primos ones too. They're all pretty good. I watch them again and again.The thing I like about Shockey's videos, are that they film the missed shots too. Goes to show that they make mistakes too! I can only watch two videos in a row, before I'm too pumped up to go out hunting!(or the ol' lady has had enough of me whining about needing to go shoot whichever animal!!)
    It falls down & goes blah

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams
    If you want to see some of Eastman's film. Get a copy of "High, Wild and Free" -- filmed right here in BC. Its an older video but I think most will agree its pretty good.
    And it'll take you back in time - Same paint job on the Beaver in Dease back then as it is today. Only a bit of wear and tear!

Jack Boudreau also wrote a book entitled the same. A good read - lots of humour!
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

WoodOx Guest

BUT where can I find these - I would really like to purchase these, as well as some assorted hunting books, but am having trouble finding a retailer offering them.

Amazon.com has a few, but theyre all used, which I guess would be fine except last time I ordered a used book it never came.

Anyone know any retailers with these vids/books?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams
    Agacher -

You're referring to "One Man's Wilderness"

Richard (Dick) Proenneke left the rush of city life behind and headed into the Alaska wilderness. His dream was to build a log cabin at Upper Twin Lakes, live off the land and truly test his self-reliance.

This is what you saw on TV - I also watched it and read his book a few years ago.

The National Park Service produced a film titled One Man's Alaska and a videotape, The Frozen North is also available. All feature the life of Richard (Dick) Proenneke.

If you want to see some of Eastman's film. Get a copy of "High, Wild and Free" -- filmed right here in BC. Its an older video but I think most will agree its pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB
    I've invited Jim out hunting before. Seems he likes the easier hunting in Sask. or Mexico. I got into many an argument with him over which is the better species to hunt....whiteys or muleys.

Dewey,

Yes i was guiding up there. Cody does do a good job with the filming and dropping huge muleys!
    It might have something to do with the preference of his clients. I'd venture a guess that most American hunters don't really get the Mulie thing...

I bought a couple of his videos last night and watched them today, Giant Black Bears of Vancouver Island and Giant Whitetails #2. Good movies but one thing he says in the introduction to Giant Whities is misleading enough to be considered an outright lie unless he actually owns the land. To paraphrase... " I have 800 sq miles in my territory and no one else can hunt here". I don't like that attitude...
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by agaucher
    BUT where can I find these - I would really like to purchase these, as well as some assorted hunting books, but am having trouble finding a retailer offering them.

Amazon.com has a few, but theyre all used, which I guess would be fine except last time I ordered a used book it never came.

Anyone know any retailers with these vids/books?

Thanks
    Mosaics downtown has most of them. Chapters also sometimes has them.

As far as vid's go hunting stores and even Wal-Mart. I can probably track down some of the Lancaster vid's for you too if you want.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

WoodOx Guest

Thanks GG ill head to Masaics and take a peek.

DO they have much Jack OConnor?

-Andrew

Wal-Mart here on the lower mainland has had a couple of the jim shockey dvd's on the shelf lately.

I know you can order all Jim Shockey's DVDs off his website, except the co productions with Stoney Wolf like Cave Bears, Lands of the Giants and Monster Mule Deer, those are available at WalMarts here and there. Lately they have not made too many new Hunting Adventure DVDs as they are too busy producing 26 shows a year for the Outdoor Channel in the US so they have made DVDs of the television shows instead. His site is www.jimshockey.com

As far as other DVDs I know there is quite a selection available through places like Wholesales Sports in Calgary and Saskatoon and also Cabelas. I agree that the Lancaster boys have some good hunts on their's as do the Eastmans.
    Last edited by Tanya; 05-19-2007 at 07:41 AM.