Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: looking for a new scope

Re: looking for a new scope

WWW.TASCO.COM They still might have that pronghorn model avail !

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    So then what would you reccomend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    With the amount of money you have mentioned for a scope I would buy an used VX 3 3.5-10x40 before I would buy a new one the above mentioned scopes by Big Boar.

I have bought 2 - VX3's from members on HBC one for $300 and one for $400 and not a problem with them.
    WF
    I would do exactly as WF suggested. I bought a few used rifles recently and all came with Vari X III scopes on them. They are still great scopes with excellent glass, and still have a great warranty. I'd find one of them used for $3-400 way before I would spend perfectly good money on a piece of crap.

You know why they have such a great guarantee with vortex? Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of sh*t. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your hunting's sake, for my sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

You know why they have such a great guarantee with vortex? Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of sh*t. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your hunting's sake, for my sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product.[/QUOTE]

BiG Boar - did you have a bad experience with a VORTEX scope-s or related products ? RJ

For a budget a 500$ +- 50$ you are close to a vx3 new. The Last scope I bought was a vx3 2.5-10x40. I love it so far But have yet to really test it in some extreme conditions. For your budget take a look @ the vx2. or a used vx3.

another to look at is a redfield made by leupold and has the leupold warrenty

I also have a Bushnell 3200 and a 6500 and they have been good to me. But I do like the Leupold better
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    i used to have one of those tascos. Cant remember the name.
    World Class I believe! And I killed about 10 moose with a tasco world class before I upgraded!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Your looking for a scope for a varmint rifle aren't you? Maybe you'll do a fly in varmint hunt, I don't know. Out of my Z5 Swaro, Leupold Vx-3, Zeiss Conquest - Diatal and a Sightron Sii Big Sky; The Big Sky is the one that surprises me for price; good glass and functions well. Haven't had any problems with it yet and don't think I will. For it's purpose, varmint hunting - target shooting, it's a great scope. It probably gets it's glass from the same place Leupold does - Japan. Leupold styles are the best in the business and there warranty has sold them a lot of scopes but I think your paying a bit much for what your getting these days. For a varmint rifle , on a budget, I think you would be wise to look elsewhere and get a little more bang for your buck. I wonder if some of these people have even used these scopes there commenting on. Lots of good choices out there, Leupold is one, but there are many others to choose from. Some people have a gold band around there gaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    WWW.TASCO.COM They still might have that pronghorn model avail !
    They have spring horn model but it's big the sane scope...
    Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    World Class I believe! And I killed about 10 moose with a tasco world class before I upgraded!! Moosin
    Shot my first moose with it this year and Id put money the .270 has taken at least 10 moose other than mine before with the same scope. The glass quality isn't great but it doesn't bother me much as it shoots straight, and hasn't been hammered apart!

And for the person reccomended a used leupold, I have thought of it extensively but I hate, HATE, buying used stuff... But I'm looking at a 4-12 as a minimum I'd really like to spend more than 500$ but I can't allocate more than that to a scope.
    Last edited by Livewire322; 04-14-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

What is the difference between different vx models ie. what's different from vx-1 to vx-2 to vx-3? Quality of glass? Features?
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Have you given any thought to Nikon? I probably mention it in every thread that pops up about scopes. Have a look at one I don't think you would be disappointed. Either the buckmaster or monarch lines are really good quality at a good price. I have a buck master that I was comparing to my hunting partners vx II and the difference was unbelievable, we were looking at a couple moose at last light and I was the only one who could see them at all(very clearly I might add) we even traded rifles and I couldn't see them through his scope. I have a monarch as well and neither one has had any issues, never fogged up and one of my rifles dropped and it still held its zero. I have a pair of monarch 10x36 binos too and for $300-350 they are far superior to others that cost alot more.

But a leopuld even if it's a vx1.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela