Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: looking for a new scope

looking for a new scope

Hey all, I'm going to be needing a new scope soon. I am going to switch scopes on my rifles, (New scope goes on my .243, Leupold 2.5-8 from the .243 goes on the .303brit and ill put the .303 british scope on a shelf.)
    Right now the scope that i have on my .270 is stellar, i mean outta this world... I dont know what model it is, all i know is its an older tasco 3-9x(40?) has a chrome pronghorn on the windage dial cover, and the elevation turret has a dial for different ranges out to 500yrds (i think its 500 might be 450). I'm giving this description to see if anyone knows the scope I'm talking about... I might like to get something similar to this set up for my .243

The other option i was looking at would be something in 4-12 power as my .243 is a varmint rifle

I'm on a budget of 500$ +- 50$ less is always better though!

Thanks
    Last edited by Livewire322; 04-12-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: looking for a new scope

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    Hey all, I'm going to be needing a new scope soon. I am going to switch scopes on my rifles, (New scope goes on my .243, Leupold 2.5-8 from the .243 goes on the .303brit and ill put the .303 british scope on a shelf.)
    Right now the scope that i have on my .270 is stellar, like i mean outta this world... I dont know what model it is, all i know is its an older tasco 3-9x(40?) has a chrome pronghorn on the windage dial cover, and the elevation turret has a dial for different ranges out to 500yrd (i think its 500 might be 450) I might like to get something similar to this set up for my .243

The other option i was looking at would be something in 4-12 power as my .243 is a varmint rifle

I'm on a budget of 500$ +- 50$ less is always better though!

Thanks
    Well if i was you i would get one of those Stellar Tasco 3-9 's ( like outa this world ) again with the chrome pronghorn on it ! I thinK Walmart stocks them ! LOL

Cheers RJ

i looked on the web site for tasco and cant find them...

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

I put a vortex viper 4-16 for my 17hmr, have a look at them, they are about in your price range, they don't have the chrome pronghorn on the side but they still work just fine.

Thanks fireguy! I'll check them out

The .243 is capable of getting out there a ways. I'd break open the piggy bank for another $150 and get a Sightron Sii Big Sky, 6.5-20x50 MD with the side focus. Doesn't have the following here with the Leupold crowd but it's a good scope for the price. Do some research on it. If that didn't work I'd go with the Bushnell 4200.

Livewire, Wholesale Sports in Langley has some Bushnell Elite 3200s in 4-12X40AO for $280. One of the best scopes in the
    world is the Meopta(of the Czech Republic) Meostar line, and they are very reasonable. World class...you have to find out
    who's carrying them though...
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

i used to have one of those tascos. Cant remember the name.

Is the bushnell 4200 any better than the trophy xlt? After my last bushnell purchase (trophy xlt) I can say with a fair amount of certainty I will not buy another bushnell in the foreseeable future! If I was given one for free I'd far sooner club a baby seal with it than mount it on a rifle...

Bow Walker Guest

http://www.grouseriver.com/Vortex_Vi...opt-000055.htm

http://www.grouseriver.com/Vortex_Ri...opes_s/304.htm

Looks like a great varmint scope - there are also different powers to choose from, like a 4-12x40 or a 3.5-10x50, the list goes on.....be sure to check out the V.I.P. warranty too.