Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Turkey contest team #1 2012

Re: Turkey contest team #1 2012

Well done RS, hoping to get out one day next weekend but things are crazy with buying a new house and selling ours.

Weather is sunny and hot and the hunting should be nuts right now. I'm done with our archery shoot and may have some time to help out anyone who needs it
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Alright everyone, tomorrow I head down south for my big turkey hunt, I should be out for a couple days at least. I will keep Brez informed on how it goes and I hope to get my first ever turkey and do the team proud. Let you know how it went in a few days.
    " Size doesn't matter 'til the freezer is full!" - Dad

" If you buy a new gun, I get a new kitchen!" - my lovely wife

Sako Finnlight 300 WSM
    Rem 700 CDL 25.06 Rem

Good luck GOO.

Well I am back from my hunt, saw some nice birds and learned quite a bit. I wasn't able to connect with a bird. I went out with bcbrez and Brez this morning, unfortunately if you cant see a bird you cant shoot it. bcbrez was lucky enough to connect with a nice Tom this morning after a mad dash way up a ridge which was brutal.
    After a long few days of hiking, getting soaked both in my tent and out searching for birds, and pulling a solid 12 ticks off me today ( just found another 30 mins ago on my leg making a mad dash to my junk), I think its safe to say I will stick with hunting down those goofy looking birds.

Once again, Brez thanks so much for all your help in showing me all I need to know about turkey hunting, and hospitality. And BCbrez, even though you are on a competing team, it was nice to meet you, see you get a nice bird, but because of your practical joke, I still am paranoid about ticks on my neck thanks to you!

Until next year

Tristan

Sako Finnlight 300 WSM
    Rem 700 CDL 25.06 Rem

12 TICKS!! wow, didn't I tell you to stay out of the bush? You'll notice that where I walked I got only 3. Guess what? After retracing all of our steps of the day before, I found out that my wallet was at home. A couple of choice words and glasses of wine to cool down. Was great to meet you and I'll keep some days free for next year if you can make it - even if you're on a different team.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;

Yeah, I found the last on at home. I changed out of my camo and put some shorts on, 10 mins later i cound one crawling up my calf and faked a throw into the girlfrieds hair just to stir the pot a bit. That sucks about your wallet, but at least you wont have some purchases from some dodgey adult site billed to you in the near future........unless you are into that then, good on you. But it was definitely nice to meet you both down there and I will do my best to make sure I get a chance to make my way down there next spring. I have already been asked by some friends who mentioned to others that I went on a Turkey hunt where exactly to go, so I told them Christina lake, I'm not saying nothing haha.

Sako Finnlight 300 WSM
    Rem 700 CDL 25.06 Rem

Hey, GOO, I've got a lot of other spots that we just don't go to that I don't mind sharing. They are just as good, and we can't and don't have the time to cover them all so if your friends want suggestions, send me a pm.

Will b heading out this weekend to try to get a gobbler.taking the kid with me and hopefully get my first ever turkey.headin towards GF ,christina lake anyone want to feel free to pm me a good spot.goin to the spot we went to last year and haven't really hunted them anywhere else.will b bowhunting