Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eh! know where to get these shells?

Re: Eh! know where to get these shells?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Get caught on the us side by Americans and you'll be singing a very different tune though. Canadian borders don't care really but exporting it out of the states is a big time no-no for their side.

But people do still do it.
    Totally agree with Crazy_Farmer and to make this matter worse - getting caught exporting the ammo from US will be judged under the same article as smuggling the nuclear weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Discoverer View Post
    Totally agree with Crazy_Farmer and to make this matter worse - getting caught exporting the ammo from US will be judged under the same article as smuggling the nuclear weapons
    And why risk it? 410 + #6shot + Steel = wounded and lost birds IMO
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Glad someone else see's nothing but cripples using a 410. I understand the challenge of in your face, 5 yard head shot probably okay, but then I've made it clear in the past what I think of shooting ducks that are sitting. It's legal, if you can get them that close, I'll leave there.

410 and ducks are a bad idea, I have seen the results. We already get far to many cripples escaping with steel, why do you suppose we use #4 and larger steel shot in 12 bores? I would be willing to wagger substantually more lost cripples than game in the bag with a 410 using any steel shot at water fowl.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

ultimately it's my decision, I get all of your points but these aren't going to be used for 20 yard shots, we're talking close, in your face last/first light wigeon that are too close to shoot with a 12. I have already purchased the shells and I will be pleased to post the results next season. There will be 2 12 gauges as backup as well.

Why dont you just change the Choke tube in your 12ga to Improved. Or get a 20ga. Or better yet what is stopping you from shooting before they are "In your face"

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    Why dont you just change the Choke tube in your 12ga to Improved. Or get a 20ga. Or better yet what is stopping you from shooting before they are "In your face"

How bout we all buy 10ga's and shoot em at 60+yards? Your argument doesnt make much sense. Getting them in tight is one of the most satisfying aspects to waterfowling, you've totally fooled em.

I wouldnt hunt ducks with a 410. a 16/20 or maybe a 28ga. But thats his choice, he can miss em more or take a couple. I agree a 20 would most likely be a good choice though. But 20s an upland gun. Save it for pheasants.

Or as my brother says, anything under 12 is a women guage.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 04-18-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

we'll see, next season.

Quote Originally Posted by fowlweather View Post
    ultimately it's my decision, I get all of your points but these aren't going to be used for 20 yard shots, we're talking close, in your face last/first light wigeon that are too close to shoot with a 12. I have already purchased the shells and I will be pleased to post the results next season. There will be 2 12 gauges as backup as well.
    I only hope you are sportsman enough to add lost birds to your bag limit.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    How bout we all buy 10ga's and shoot em at 60+yards? Your argument doesnt make much sense. Getting them in tight is one of the most satisfying aspects to waterfowling, you've totally fooled em.

I wouldnt hunt ducks with a 410. a 16/20 or maybe a 28ga. But thats his choice, he can miss em more or take a couple. I agree a 20 would most likely be a good choice though. But 20s an upland gun. Save it for pheasants.

Or as my brother says, anything under 12 is a women guage.

look, I was just trying to suggest a couple other options to using a .410
    he is going to use a .410 for ducks, my self if they were so close i thought i might need a .410 i minght try a Improved cyl.

What do you think is a better option? Or do you think it a good idea to use a .410 on Ducks?