Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eh! know where to get these shells?

Eh! know where to get these shells?

so... I have no idea where to get these shells in Canada and I don't really want to risk having to pick them up from the states and bringing them back... i might have to

Anyways they are 410 STEEL shells, #6 is the smallest possible and in 3", PERFECT and a little challenge for nightflight decoying wigeon. I would like to pick up a case of these yet I don't know where to find them... any ideas?
    http://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/3...d-410-gauge-3-
    Last edited by fowlweather; 04-18-2012 at 11:03 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Eh! know where to get these shells?

Theres not much risk in buying in the states. We used to do it all the time. YOu are allowed 5000 rounds. Just declare them and go on your merry way
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Get caught on the us side by Americans and you'll be singing a very different tune though. Canadian borders don't care really but exporting it out of the states is a big time no-no for their side.

But people do still do it.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

I understand the laws and my dad used to do it all the time, the more i think about the picking it up at the warehouse the better it sounds... no cops patrolling the big box stores looking for bc license plates to make sure they didn't buy ammo, and less traffic... WAYYY less traffic. Same penalties but just a little less risk, nobody knows where to get it in canada though? for 30 bucks more I would buy a case from canada with shipping because thats what it would cost anyways.

Why the hell would you want to shoot ducks with a 410, 3/8's of an ounce in #6 is going to do nothing but cripple birds. It's been clearly explained on this site what will happen to you if you get caught with ammunition in the states without the proper paper work.

Brian at Stillwater has ordered shells in for me before. Whomever your favourite local shop is will probably do the same. Your best best is to start now as most are ordered a very long time before the season. Double up with Adam, get caught exporting illegally from the US and you will be very unhappy for the rest of your life!

Ian

ya ya ya i understand the rules. I was just hoping one of you guys on here would know if somebody had them

Quote Originally Posted by heyblast View Post
    Why the hell would you want to shoot ducks with a 410, 3/8's of an ounce in #6 is going to do nothing but cripple birds. It's been clearly explained on this site what will happen to you if you get caught with ammunition in the states without the proper paper work.
    you can kill a duck with a single pellet to the neck/head, but anyways I wont be using these for pass shooting, i mean in your face decoying ducks from 5-10 yards

There's a company back east called Le Baron, they carry those shells and the are in Ontario so they we ship to you. They have a website as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchu_19 View Post
    There's a company back east called Le Baron, they carry those shells and the are in Ontario so they we ship to you. They have a website as well.
    OH MY GOD!!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH they are a different brand but are cheaper too!, thank you soooo much