Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yard sales and Hunting gear

bone-collector Guest

Yard sales and Hunting gear

alot of guys laff when you tell them you scrounge yard sales for usefull supplies for hunting season (some just like brand new items I guess) well we had to make a quick trip to Granisle BC friday night for some truck parts and there was a yard sale going on at 7pm still, so we stopped in for a look , after looking at alot of stuff that was useless I noticed a big (BIG) box sitting in the corner with a white canvas sticking out of it ....I asked the lady what it was and she replied some kind of tent her X hubby had , we rolled it out and low and behold it was a 16x14 wall tent with windows and stove pipe shroud , as she asked is $100 to much for it
    if there was ever a moment I couldnt get my wallet out fast nuff this was it, I guess a X-hubbies leftovers are another mans treasures

2. Site Sponsor

I'm a garage sale'er but never got anything that good. Plenty of cast iron cookware for a buck each and even one of then plastic folding picnic tables for $5. Good score buddy. "One mans junk is another mans treasure"
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

bone-collector Guest
    well at least now I can take a few guys out hunting and have room for them, other than pop tents , on the lighter side I see the new regs have a doe season here now, bow only but thats a given meat hunt around here , half of them are tamer than my dogs ,its the bucks you can never find in the fall , oh well I dont bow hunt so there safe from me, but would take anyone out who does bow hunt for a 1 hour hunting trip

that sounds like a pretty dam good score there rob...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Sweet find!
    I find stuff like high-lift jacks, gas cans and the like. I'm still lookin for dekes to add to the spread though. I remember a long time ago seeing this reloading press and all the whistles for about 15 bucks. That was before I got into handloading. Thing was brand-new, still boxed. Man, if it was today, I'd rip my pocket off getting the money out...

YJ I lucked out this summer on reloading stuff at a garage sale $1000 worth for $40 included a LEE 1000 press set up with 357 carbide dies. DAN>>>

Re: Yard sales and Hunting gear

My best score was a 4" jointer for $10.My son got himself a pre-Delta 8" Beaver table saw for $40 to go with the jointer I gave him.
    Last edited by Downwindtracker2; 11-11-2004 at 09:11 PM.

One of my best scores was a stainless steel meat bandsaw with grinder attached, $60. Always lots of gun and hunting books..

I picked up a heavy duty Tirfor Tool, a cable winch for those who don't know what one is, with cable for $5.00 at a garbage sale. New they are close to $1000.00.

WOWZERS ...

Good eye Bone-Collector ...good eye