Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My trail cam

Re: My trail cam

Thanks for the info BlackTail... I didn't know that and will keep that in mind next summer.

Yep, some good advice there regarding the corn cobs....the grapes can be toxic in large amounts as well...

I almost lost my 5 year old German Shepherd about a month ago to that....at 1am, he started puking up water non-stop.

I worked with dogs as a career for about 7 years and never have seen anything like it. I immediately thought that he was showing the signs of bloat so I rushed him to the 24 hr clinic where they x-rayed him...

When they showed me the pics, I almost fell over...there was a WHOLE intact corn-cob lodged in the beginning of his small intestine. The little weasel had raided the compost pile.

So, needless to say after losing one shep to cancer this year I was not going to go through that again.

$5000 later he's doing much better, although everytime I look at him I can't not picture him as a rug....
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

WoodOx Guest

lmao a rug ;D

Dana - its a Bushnell Trail Sentry - like $150 at Walmart. Gunna ask for another for Christmas. Biggest issue is that oftentime you spend too much time chasing the ghosts you take pics of, when you may never seen em again. (Especially if theyre predominatly nocturnal!)

regardless, fun too see whats in an area!

No prob Zenyo, if you love your dog half as much as I love mine it'd be devastating !
    Too many grapes are toxic for me too lol.
    I just learned the other day that the reason bears run circles and roll in the corn, destroying lots of it, which is why farmers often have bear cull permits, is because they arent really playing, they just eat so much corn that it ferments in their stomache and in turn intoxicates them !

Quote Originally Posted by BlacktailStalker
    Be careful with corn on the cob, labs are infamous for dying from the cobs as their stomach cant digest the cob (and of course waiting too long to find out why your dog is ill!) so I assume that goes for other dogs. My vet has always told me that...
    I found this out the hard way. Didn't lose my dog but it cost me $1800.00 in vet bills for X-rays, IV's and to get the piece of corn cob suggicaly removed from her stomach. Ddidn't show any real sign until about a week after I fed it to her and it blocked her digestive track. Man I felt awful when I found out that I caused her all the pain and suffering.

Sorry to take this thread off track , back to coyotes eating apples.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

my dog loves her portion of steamed carrots and rice mixed in with the dog food. She goes berserk when she sees the rice .... or smells it.

but apples and berries .... never seen that before hahaha.

My lab eats apples, bananas and what ever else. Ive seen her eat a raw onion.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

i have been looking into maybe getting one of these new toys. It seems that you have to buy a whole package deal. camera motion detector etc. What if you had a camera that is very similar to the one sold with the package? Can you just buy the case with the motion detctor?
    Trigger finger

WoodOx Guest

Nope, the camera is built right into the case. Maybe you can buy a motion detector for the camera then build a box for yourself?

why even bother pissing around with your own camera, making a box, hooking up the motion etc, when you can just go out and buy a setup ready to use.