Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Online Gun Stores.....

Re: Online Gun Stores.....

Another vote for Wholesale Sports here. I've ordered a number of items from them, including my last rifle, never any trouble. To answer the question directly, yes the rifle comes to your door. I had it sent by Canada Post, took 3 days. I wasn't home when it came so I had to go to the Postal outlet over at the mall to pick it up. Good luck!

kishman
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

Don't go to Italian Sporting Goods !!!

Go to Reliable Gun !!!!

Italian sports should not be in a buisness that requires customer service as they have none, Snobs unless you have lots of money. Reliable is good and I have used SIR and Wholesale sports and they are good. I like to support local buisness but they must be willing to give service and apreciate the customers.

I have had absolutely fantastic service form Italian. In fact, whenever I go there it;s great service. Reliable is the same way to me.

But this topic is about mail order. I do alot of mail order since I buy alot of specialized stuff and it's far easier/faster/cheaper to get it mail ordered than any other route.

Guns will show up at your door or your post office.

Wholesale Sports has given me excelelnt mail order service, and continues to do so. Russels has also given me good service. SIR is good service but verything I order seems to be out of stock, so it takes longer.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Try SIR Mailorder I have order guns from them in the past with no problems.
    They are usually cheaper than the gun stores. For grouse I use a 22 golden boy from henry. Its got to be the funest gun ever super smooth action very
    nice feel holds 15 .22LR in the tube or 18 shorts.

I could use this info too. I'm trying to find a Savage in .204 Ruger but no one seems to have any. So far, the mail-order options in Canada are...

Wholesale Sports (Calgary)
    Russell's (Calgary)
    SIR Mail Order (Winnipeg)
    Le Baron Outdoor Products (Montreal)

Are there any others?

Support your local gun shops or they will not be there when you need them! Online retailers do not gunsmith. The extra $12 you save sometimes ain't worth it. As for grouse guns they depend upon how youre shooting, if youre ground shooting you may as well use the .22 it's deadly and cheap. If your wingshooting the .410 is not a great idea unless you practice constantly you would be surprised how hard it is to hit a flapper on the move with small gauge stuff. I take my grousing very seriously so I got myself one o them fancy remington 28 gauge autoloaders, and I'm surgical with it, but I also shoot at least 150 rounds of clays with it every weekend.....religiously. Otherwise wingshoot with a 12 gauge, adds lots of sport to em and still affordable to shoot without havin to practice every other day.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLedoux
    Support your local gun shops or they will not be there when you need them! Online retailers do not gunsmith. The extra $12 you save sometimes ain't worth it. .
    They gotta earn patronage it is not a geographical right.
    People have a right to expect great prices and or great sevice (Both in the same place is the best ) if they offer neither then i will not give them my money and a bussiness should not expect it either.

As for gunsmiths I normally go to real gunsmiths not the local hunting store with some crotchety oldtimer in back with a file and hammer saying his backwoods smithwork has been good enough for the past forty years so it should be good enough for the likes of you .

Totally agree with You Barracuda, The bs i have heard from local stores is incredible. I would wholeheartedly support a local gun store but price and availability, service and knowing what you are talking about is key

I to also try to support local business whenever possible, little shops and stores close to my home are important and convenient. But sometimes you have to draw the line. When priceing out a 300 Winchester with a vxIII Leopold scope it turned out to be $500 cheaper to mail order it. I've always tried to be a loyal customer buying many of the smaller items from local shops and being very thankful for some of the free advice. But I thought $500 for free advice was a little bit steep.

On the thought of Internet mail order I thought the new wholesale sports website sucks, you used to be able to look at their whole catalogue on PDF file. You could scroll back and forth and compare products now it's just a pain in the neck!