Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Online Gun Stores.....

Re: Online Gun Stores.....

I support local gun stores when the service is good and they don't price gouge. It is amazing to see the prices at mom and pop shops, their markup is often criminal! I let them know politely that they are out fishing for suckers and go home to my pc to buy from an online store. Yes indeed, robbery will be the downfall of the small store...

Troutseeker

Quote Originally Posted by troutseeker
    It is amazing to see the prices at mom and pop shops, their markup is often criminal!
    Actually, the markup in mom and pop shops is minimal on guns. I should know; I work for one (part time, once in a while, anyway). We would be out of business almost immediately if we had to make a living on the slim markup we can get for guns (ie: we make our living on everything else in the store). The problem is, because we can't buy 200 of the same make/model gun at a time (times the 60 or 70 make/models we try to keep in stock at all times), it costs us a LOT more to buy any given gun than it does one of the big online/mail order outfits (SIR, Wholesale, etc). It's not unusual for me to lookup our cost on a gun and realize that I could buy that gun for $20 (or more) cheaper at SIRMailorder. We can either not be a local gun shop (in which case there would be no local gun shop), or we can offer the gun up for sale at a price that lets us stay in business - it's that simple a choice.

Anyway, it may not make the price any easier to pay, but trust me, mom and pop outfits are NOT gouging you on the price.
    Last edited by brotherjack; 01-23-2007 at 08:09 PM.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

www.SirMailOrder.com
    ..my dad ordered a gun from there...everything got messed up and the whole order was wrecked

i've ordered numerous items from Russell's. Always had good service