Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tick Repellent

Re: Tick Repellent

When reading this I remember last year when I was at chilliwack lake they had a pamphlet out for both on Ticks and Lyme disease. Yes it is here as I have a friend who was on a hike in Manning pack and she thought she got it off of her in time but she has contracted Lyme disease. Very sad, as she has had so many problems with her health. She has also had to be defibrillated once.

When ever I go out I take precautions like tucking in my shirt wearing gaters or tying off my pants. I have also bought a pair off bug skins from Cabela's. They are like a tight knit long johns. They are thin and breathable. I have also bought them for my wife and kids and so far we have been good.
    What I nice day! Now watch some Arsehole F&%#it up!!!

http://www.agf.gov.bc.ca/cropprot/ticksbc.htm
    another info sheet
    light clothing is only good for aiding to detect ticks, not for repelling them
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Man that is scary! My buddy was joking about ticks the other day because I have been hunting sheds so much. I went for a hike today in shorts! No ticks yet but every twig that touched my legs freaked me out!
    It was actually disturbing. I have been out on this Island all my life in all times of year,,,,, I have never seen anything like it.... My poor dog. The whole thing is haunting me! And i dont mean to put fear into others,,,,,, But i was standing in the middle of the logging road ripping off my gear pulling ticks off ao bad places....

This may sound funny to you but it works !
    finely mince fresh garlic in his food and
    I also put garlic chop and minced in a 5 gallon plastic pale and fill 3/4 way with
    bath temp water,cover and let sit a few days. Get your self a pump garden sprayer and fill it with only the garlic water infused with the oil. go nuts and spray everthing in the yard and everywhere you deem they may be, works like a hot dam, keep little white flies out of your cedar bushes, afids out of your plans detours cats, deer, and other dogs from using your grass as a toilet to, I spray the dog as well lightly and rub it in, my poach has never seen a tick/flee.
    try it it works. Also trained my dog as a pup, what he could not chew as you rub a bit on the area, and what area's are off limits in the yard. obviously once he got older he liked eating it, but the training part worked. As they eat in there diet it will come out of there pours and that's where the ticks/flees attack but don't . It works and it's cheap.

I grew up in Whistler BC and moved to Kelowna BC

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    If you're in tick country, you might want to invest in one of these.

And another link, this one from the federal government. Tells you the area where Lyme Disease bearing ticks pervail throughout the country.
    http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/id-mi/lyme-fs-eng.php#s7
    thats a pretty cool little gadget there, does it actually work and take the tics out without leaving the head behind? my tic repellent is a hot safty pin, you touch the tic in the a$$ with that and he backs right out right away
    Hunting is like sex.......size, equipment, and technique are important

Member of: BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by matt420 View Post
    thats a pretty cool little gadget there, does it actually work and take the tics out without leaving the head behind? my tic repellent is a hot safty pin, you touch the tic in the a$$ with that and he backs right out right away
    This link gives a visual representation of how to use the tick key.
    http://www.thetickkey.eu/how_does_the_tick_key_work.htm
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

This link gives a visual representation of how to use the tick key.
    http://www.thetickkey.eu/how_does_the_tick_key_work.htm
    thats pretty cool, sounds and looks like it works great, have you actually had to use it yet??

Quote Originally Posted by matt420 View Post
    thats pretty cool, sounds and looks like it works great, have you actually had to use it yet??
    I have one as you can see. I have not had a need to use it yet. It's a just in case thing.
    In all my life I have only had one tick on me and that was a long time ago. Ticks are not particularily interested to me for some reason.
    Yet my sisters on the other hand were tick magnets. As kids growing up in the south Okanagan, we were certainly coursing through prime tick ground. My mother was always checking and finding ticks on them. Like I said, only ever had one, but then, that could be all it takes to get Lyme disease.
    Prior to Lyme Disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever was a concern it you were sucked on by a tick.
    Lyme Disease has taken the forefront, but Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF) can be just as dibilitating as Lyme and the risk as high.
    I think that it would be easier to contact RMSF in the central and south eastern part of the province than Lyme Disease. as the Rocky Mountain tick is the principle carrier.
    From a sickness standpoint, what's the difference? One is as bad as the other.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE: http://fuellingchange.com/main/proje...anning-project
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

i want to start getting tested for lymes disease every year after the spring because if you catch lymes diseas early it can be treatable.

I have one as you can see. I have not had a need to use it yet. It's a just in case thing.
    In all my life I have only had one tick on me and that was a long time ago. Ticks are not particularily interested to me for some reason.
    Yet my sisters on the other hand were tick magnets. As kids growing up in the south Okanagan, we were certainly coursing through prime tick ground. My mother was always checking and finding ticks on them. Like I said, only ever had one, but then, that could be all it takes to get Lyme disease.
    Prior to Lyme Disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever was a concern it you were sucked on by a tick.
    Lyme Disease has taken the forefront, but Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF) can be just as dibilitating as Lyme and the risk as high.
    I think that it would be easier to contact RMSF in the central and south eastern part of the province than Lyme Disease. as the Rocky Mountain tick is the principle carrier.
    From a sickness standpoint, what's the difference? One is as bad as the other.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE: http://fuellingchange.com/main/proje...anning-project

iv only ever had one on me that was burrowed in, and i had to get the shots for everything to be safe, but that was when i was really young aswell, but i did find 5 on me just crawling after a day of shed hunting last year in 2011, but none this year, i try no to get out in to the thick bush during spring season, but if i do i check myself really good, i dont want another one of them in me