Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burris Eliminator Scope

Re: Burris Eliminator Scope

I would never mount one on my rifle. You don't need a rangefinder on a rifle. However, if you prefer big, ugly, heavy...it may work for you.

I would compare it to installing t*ts on a bull.

why the F would you put tats on a bull?

my friend has one and he loves it, shooting 650 yard not a problem for him, where i with regular scope will not attempt it
    will be looking into buying one as well...
    Religion is for people who fear Hell, Spirituality is for people who have been there...

I put one on my sons 7wsm ( he's 14) works well, as some say in snow past 400 can b difficult. Most Rfs won't do well in in snow fog. As for pointing at targets with your gun, isn't that what we do, if we want to shoot something? Use your binos/spotting scope first. All in all its a decent scope i was impressed, it has some downfalls but its worth its money.. I own swaro/night force/ scopes also, not trying to up sell this, just give a honest opinion. The scope was really easy to set up and the ballistic calc is damn good. I have shot to 950 with it. I will pic a post of a cold bore shot with it.

The mounting system is inadequate for such a heavy scope .I have seen on two occasions that the mounts have failed under recoil .An other one that sheered off the mounting screws twice,and they were torqued and loctited.Went to 8-40 screws lasted longer but still worked loose.Pay you money and take your chances.

Quote Originally Posted by GEF View Post
    The mounting system is inadequate for such a heavy scope .I have seen on two occasions that the mounts have failed under recoil .An other one that sheered off the mounting screws twice,and they were torqued and loctited.Went to 8-40 screws lasted longer but still worked loose.Pay you money and take your chances.
    No problems yet, what cals were you seeing these on? heavy, my night force is 4 oz heavier so i don't think the weight is a issue JMO. Swaro is coming out with one also, talk about heavy 38oz. Im not saying there for everyone but the system does work.

Quote Originally Posted by yama49 View Post
    No problems yet, what cals were you seeing these on? heavy, my night force is 4 oz heavier so i don't think the weight is a issue JMO. Swaro is coming out with one also, talk about heavy 38oz. Im not saying there for everyone but the system does work.
    Its the method of mounting,your Night force uses conventional rings.Both were used on quads extensively so that may be a factor.They were 300 Win mags and a 7 mag.

I was thinking about buying one too, but might wait for Swarovski one to come over here, unless Burris comes up with even newer one
    in any case will get one of the two
    Religion is for people who fear Hell, Spirituality is for people who have been there...

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/39994/...iii-riflescope
    Worked Great for Me out to 600 Meters.

Another mounting failure !That makes five that I have seen personally three others I herd of .There is only one clamp on the scope that has a cross bolt .The one in the rear and the front one just floats and counts on friction on the dovetail .Very fragile for such a large scope they will work lose over time.Just saying.I would wait till they improve the mounting system .