Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burris Eliminator Scope

Burris Eliminator Scope

I am looking at buying a new scope and wanted to know if anyone has ever used or knows of someone that has tried these scopes. Reading reviews it sounds like it works very well.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Burris Eliminator Scope

Probly fine out to 400 but I have herd they are not vary good in snow or past 400. also herd they are not vary durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
    Probly fine out to 400 but I have herd they are not vary good in snow or past 400. also herd they are not vary durable.
    Thanks, I heard that also but for where and when I hunt now it may work very good as I hope never have to shoot over 400 yds. When I was young and mountain hunted there were quite a few times that there were long shots but that was before range finders, we had to guess at everything.

Id buy a quality scope and a rangefinder before buying that Burris, or any other LRF riflescope. Pointing a rifle at something you just want to range is not good practice, since that object could be something you don't want to shoot...
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I looked long & hard at the Eliminator & came to the same conclusion as Tod ! Buy a quality scope & a range finder! Redfield have a special on a range finder well worth looking at!!

I tryed and looked through one on a friends rifle the other day - it was ok but its a big heavy clunky lump of coal on top of a nice rifle ! JMHO RJ

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Id buy a quality scope and a rangefinder before buying that Burris, or any other LRF riflescope. Pointing a rifle at something you just want to range is not good practice, since that object could be something you don't want to shoot...
    I have never used my rifle scope and never will to determine if something is worth shooting so I will not start now if I do get the scope.

Anybody shooting with it over 600m?

Anyone own one ?

I think nobody