Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a guy named Jack

Re: Looking for a guy named Jack

Thanks for the bump. Awesome story. Too bad we didn't get Jacks side of it but still a great read.

Holy crap....this was over four years ago??

I'm getting old way too fast.

This thread sure was a good one!!!

Thanks for bumping this thread! What a great story.

Well since I was pretty close to this story and since my partner has not been on here for awhile,,,I will give a brief update. Our main man Jack was contacted and notified that the said flask was his for the asking. However, it seems Jack no longer partakes in the spirits so he indicated he had no use for the flask any longer. He thanked Marlin and wished him well and told him to continue using the flask on the adventures ahead of him. Seemed like a solid guy.

And now you know,,,

the rest of the story

Awesome! Marlon you would be welcome in my hunting camp anytime. You are a prime example of what the word "ethics" means.
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Thanks for the update, waistdeep.
    I read the thread and felt a little invested, I needed closure.

*FOUND*, previously posted
    Handheld radio, 34km Harrison East

Quote Originally Posted by waistdeep View Post
    Well since I was pretty close to this story and since my partner has not been on here for awhile,,,I will give a brief update. Our main man Jack was contacted and notified that the said flask was his for the asking. However, it seems Jack no longer partakes in the spirits so he indicated he had no use for the flask any longer. He thanked Marlin and wished him well and told him to continue using the flask on the adventures ahead of him. Seemed like a solid guy.

And now you know,,,

the rest of the story
    Thank you sir! That is a truly fitting end to the story.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin375 View Post
    Time definitley starts to play tricks on you as you near 50, add to that, almost 20 yrs of hunting the same area, same honey holes and happy spots. I was probably lucky to get within 5 years. Hell, I go back to the spot I shot my first deer and it was like I was there yesterday.......yet I can't remember what I had for dinner 2 days ago..LOL.

As far as the way this reunion came together, you and Goatguy are going to have to take most of the credit, I just followed the signs.
    That's exactly my problem as well, but worse, as I'm in my 70's now. Funny thing though...I do remember the original post about finding Jack's flask and I too agree that it has been a real good story.
    They'll never end hunting...may make it illegal, but they'll never really kill that way of life!

coach check out redthorns thread where he is looking for help identifying hunters
    he found a pack with a range finder in it
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Just stumbled across this great read. I missed it the first time around. Figured others would enjoy it too.