Spent most of yesterday creating this great breakfast treat. Simply HAD to try it out, so we ended up having Breakfast at Dinnertime
In a word: Delicious!!!

Maple Breakfast Sausage Recipe
10 lbs venison
8 lbs fatty pork
2 lbs Maple Cured Bacon
4 tablespoons dried thyme
4 tablespoons dried marjoram
4 tablespoons kosher salt
2 - 3 tablespoons rubbed sage
8 tablespoons fine ground black pepper
1 cup ice water
2 cups real maple syrup

1. Grind the venison and pork through the Medium plate of your grinder.
2. Grind the bacon through the Fine plate of your grinder (better mixing)
2. Combine the spices in a small container and mix with the ice water – let sit long enough to dissolve the salt, then add the maple syrup and mix well again.
3. Pour the spice, water, and syrup combination into the ground meat and mix thoroughly.
4. Once the sausage is fully mixed, stuff it immediately into 22 - 24 mm casings.

This makes a somewhat sweet sausage with good maple overtones. We decided to incorporate the maple bacon just for that reason, and it worked out rather well.

We reduced the salt to about 1/2 what the original recipe called for (I simply don't like them overly salty) but that can be adjusted according to your personal tastes. We also cut back on the sage, as my Partner and I find it a little overpowering when at the recommended amount. Again, a matter of personal taste.

The collagen tubes are OK, but a little fussy to work with. Next time around we'll be trying to find some sheep casings of the same size in the hope they are easier to work with.

Another good one Folks! Well worth the effort!

Cheers,
Nog