I love the Bitz. Mine is probably a verifiable antique, but I don't think I'd find a better replacement. I prefer RH helical, but then my primary concern is broadhead flight. If I was only shooting target or 3D then I'd go with straight.

I also prefer the Bohning Platinum to the fast set glues. I've just had better results with it.
On new carbon arrows, I steel wool or sand with 400 grit paper untill the shine is gone. Then clean with 99% alcohol. Against the recomendations of the manufacturer I also clean the bases of the vanes with alcohol, several times.

Any vane or shaft that has been sitting for more than a couple of hours, I clean it again before glueing. Make SURE your vane base has FULL contact on the shaft. Check it dry by holding it up to a good light, untill your jig is set right.
The jig will pay for itself in gas money and convenience very quickly and your arrows are always all be fletched the same.

If you order a Bitz, be sure to get the correct nock reciever to match your rest. If you shoot a release and a drop-away, you will likely want a "cock feather down [same as up] nock receiver.