Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refletching

Refletching

Hey guys, I'm very new to the whole bow scene, I only started shooting this month. Ive gone out about 6 times now, probably shot about 300 arrows and have already torn the fletchings off of 7 of my 12 due to pass throughs, hitting the dirt and hitting other arrows etc. My question to you is.... where is a good place to get my arrows repaired? I went to Island Outfitters and they were useless, I asked if they could do it the guy said I don't know. I asked how much he thought it would be again I don't know, he said wait until Joanne is working she will know, I asked when is she working, again I don't know.
    Do you think it would be worth my while buying a jig and the whole set up to start doing my own arrows? I'm in Victoria too by the way.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Mike

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Refletching

Look at buying your on fletching jig is the best bet.

Bow Walker Guest

Buying a jig, some vanes, and some glue is a perfect introduction into the world of D.I.Y. archery maintenance/tuning.

Also very, very satisfying.

ya, what he said

Is there any specific brand of jig you guys would recommend?

Bitzenburger are supposed to be the best but I am sure most brands work fine. I do my own now and it is pretty simple to learn, look on Utube videos on arrow fletching. Have fun, Cheers Roscoe

Bitz is by far the best ... But you can pick up a Bitz Knock off (BPE) for like 40 bucks .... another option is to pick up some Blazer wraps .... they are heat shrink tubes with Blazer vanes already attached ... slip them on and shrink to fit ....

a great great fix ....
    I prefer to glue my own tho
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Great thanks guys, I'll check out the Bitz, the BPE and the Blazers, check out what I think will work best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Friday_30-06 View Post
    Great thanks guys, I'll check out the Bitz, the BPE and the Blazers, check out what I think will work best for me.
    The Bitz will come with one clamp of your choice so make sure you order the correct clamp. Straight which can also do left or right offset, or left or right helical clamp.
    Probably get the one that your arrows are now. Cheers Roscoe

Bow Walker Guest

I've got a cheap Grayling single fletching jug. Works like a hot damn! I ordered the right herlical clamp and have not regretted that decision yet.