Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SlingShot question rules

SlingShot question rules

Hi,
    I am planning on hunting grouse with a slingshot.
    1) do you know if I need a hunting license?
    2) Can I shoot in "no shooting" areas?

Thank you

2. Site Sponsor

Re: SlingShot question rules

Yes, to hunt or harvest any game you need a licence. As far as hunting with a slingshot in a "no shooting" area, sorry, can't help you with that one.

A slingshot is not a firearm so it is fair game in a no shooting zone, but NOT in a no hunting area.

Thank you for the info guys; much appreciated.

ok, different question, is it legal to use a slingshot? I know a bow has to have 40# draw for small game(pg 16 of the regs) for small game so does the slingshot need the same?

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby
    ok, different question, is it legal to use a slingshot? I know a bow has to have 40# draw for small game(pg 16 of the regs) for small game so does the slingshot need the same?

Kirby
    It's legal.

SO is using a rock, stick or spear. But you gotta have the licence...
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I may stand corrected, but I believe the regs define legal hunting methods for big and small game. I reckon a grouse is small game. If that is the case, a slingshot is out. I don't recall seeing any reference to a wrist rocket in the regs though.
    Page 16 of the regs gives all the legal hunting methods for various game. If a slingshot is legal, it was left out of the table.

Based on this I would say it is illegal.
    Blktail

If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

ASK A CO IF IN DOUBT.... it sounds like there is some doubt
    Some of us are born into greatness, some have it thrust upon them.......I've had to scratch and claw to achieve mediocraty

Citizens own firearms, subjects don't

Only weapon types specified in the regs are legal. Slingshots are illegal for hunting. Also there is a higher risk of wounding critters with them because they are not accurate.

ASK A CO IF IN DOUBT.... it sounds like there is some doubt
    The CO's often contribute to the writing of the regs, but when they interpret the regs, it is important to understand, they are not a court of law.

We had a CO come into our camp this year and we were asking him a question about bag limits etc for the area we were in. He finally admitted, he had it totally wrong. He was somewhat surprised.

Often when you ask someone like a CO a question such as Kirby's, they've likely never thought about it, so what you get, is their own personal opinion. Not the position of a court of law.

JT