Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Becoming an Outdoors Woman" (BOW) program

Re: "Becoming an Outdoors Woman" (BOW) program

I have always wanted to go to that. But the one they have near my place is always in June. But I am bear hunting.
    Maybe one year Ill go to it.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

this sounds like a great program. What is the cost? I would like to see my wife take this, & maybe some of her female friends.

I wonder: If the women of HBC or the mens' spouses were to get together to take this program, promising specific numbers, would they give a group discount?

My wife and I both instructed at one that was held at Blue Lake in the EK about a dozen years ago. It was a great time for us and I think most of the women who attended really enjoyed it and learned a lot.
    Don't ever forget that you just may wind up being wrong!! -- Jimmy Buffet

Quote Originally Posted by nature girl View Post
    I have always wanted to go to that. But the one they have near my place is always in June. But I am bear hunting.
    Maybe one year Ill go to it.
    Since you already seem to know what it is all about you should consider giving up one weekend of bear hunting to help with instruction. Here is an opportunity to contribute to the future of our lifestyle.
    Don't ever forget that you just may wind up being wrong!! -- Jimmy Buffet

Word earlier this week is that it is cancelled for this year... If interested in participating / instructing then perhaps a good time to express your interest.

Know why it's cancelled? I tried to get info a while ago and didn't get any replies, so maybe people were having trouble registering?

I had a couple friends who attended it a few years back. I laughed when I heard those two gals in particular were going as I never would have expected them to.

They both came back and raved about the amazing time they had.

Direct from the BCWF "due to shortage of course instructors we've had to cancel BOW for this year"

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlydueck View Post
    The BOW program is great! I was an instructor at one on vancouver island. The cources included archery-.22 shooting basics[federal provided the ammo]-canoeing-fly fishing-etc-I taught the wilderness survival and orienteering cources.The program was a very quality experience for all ! We should have one for guy's aswell for the kids and newbies
    Yes this is what is needed. I am a generation gap hunter, I need teaching and guide If thibeast of life or sport is to be handed down we have to have courses like bow but for men and kids. I would have signed up I. A heart beat! I still would sign up with both my boys! And wife!!!!

Hey there, does anyone know of a program similar to the BOW that takes place on Vancouver Island?