Thread: Snowshoe Hare Hunting

Snowshoe Hare Hunting

I was looking at trying for snowshoe hares in a couple of weeks (region 2). Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? I was planning on hiking some logging roads in the early morning with the .22. Other than looking for areas with lots of brush that they can use for cover and tracks (if there is snow) are there other things I should be looking for in terms of habitat (winter food, types of plants, types of terrain etc.)?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Snowshoe Hare Hunting

i noticed i see more bunnies just b4 sunset then anything, do u have a plan on were ur heading?? i've seen a few bunnies up skagit valley running for there lifes.
    sarg
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

I have a plan on where I am heading. Part of the reason for the trip is scouting a new area for deer hunting next fall but I am hoping to see some hares as well. This will be a totally new area so I am not really sure what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Morel View Post
    I have a plan on where I am heading. Part of the reason for the trip is scouting a new area for deer hunting next fall but I am hoping to see some hares as well. This will be a totally new area so I am not really sure what to expect.
    Morel, how did the Hare hunting go? I am interested in hunting snowshoe hare's in region 2 but have no idea where to go?!

As far as scouting for deer and going for a walk in the woods with a gun, the trip was a total success. I have not yet seen a hare in the bush or even tracks. Sorry!

I was up on the east side of Harrison mid dec, tons of hare tracks up there. Gf shot at a few and missed, next time I'm shooting!
    moose meat mindset

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoastgunner View Post
    I was up on the east side of Harrison mid dec, tons of hare tracks up there. Gf shot at a few and missed, next time I'm shooting!
    Awesome! I'll be going up there in one of the upcoming weekends then