Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Longline anchor day

Re: Longline anchor day

Quote Originally Posted by Ian F. View Post
    100% Acadian shag! and before the wet coasters jump all over me, take a look at the New Brunswick Migratory Bird Regs.....
    Wow, were ya homeless and couldn't afford a chicken or something? K

I gotta find the ones from the airboat!

Lorne

P.s Sweet commie Ian you dirty *******! hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Found em! Coldest craziest hunt ive been on in recent years. was a few years ago. -21 hunting out of an air boat in the detroit river in 40 feet of water with CRAZY ice flows. there was an open pocket in a back bay. that birds were in. The only way to get to it was airboat. Nothing like leaning over side ways on 45 degree angle trying to get up over the pack ice in 40 feet of water.

Lorne

Last edited by lorneparker1; 02-22-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

I remember you telling me about that hunt Lorne. I believe the line was and I quote," if anything happens you die"
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

There were at least two years in the distant past when I've gone through ice that looked something like that in the foreground in the 3rd pic of post #33 from the Westham Is. bridge almost all the way up to the edge of the upper marsh across from Wellington Pt. ( wish I had pics but I don't )----but that must be 20 or more years ago. We used to get a lot more ice on the river than we have in the last many years. In years like that the river below the houseboat development downstream of the bridge used to get so plugged with flow ice that on some tides ( the whole mess of flow ice would flow back and forth with the tide) you couldn't get out to the foreshore from where I keep my shack just downstream the bridge, altho I 'm pretty sure Ken and Terry were able to get across---- I recall one time when I was set up on the edge of a 3-4" inch ice pack that covered the whole outer marsh on the NW side of Canoe pass outside Westham when the whole ice flow started moving seaward with the dropping tide and my decoys just disappeared, one at a time with a weird slurping sound--- lost a quarter of my rig before I could get the rest out of the water---and a few of times had decoys dragged down the big ditch with flow ice going out on the drop.