Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which one

which one

ok i need a new gun. cheap . duck only.italian sporting goods or reliable gun and tackle. which store and which model..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: which one

12ga 870 express is about the best low priced gun made, new, cheaper used..

Guns are like women, we all have preferences and often can't or won't explain why!

Very best,

Ian

You'll get better and more personal service at Reliable. Prices are comparable.

Hi there,

ryanb is right- much better and easier to deal with Reliable. I wouldnt buy from Italian if they were half the price. Earlier this year I bougt a Remington 870 Express with a synthetic stock from Reliable. Appx. $380 for the gun, another $40 for the steel full choke tube, plus the government's share, and I walked out with a brand new shotgun for a few dollars over $500. You cant beat that. Shot lots of ducks towards the end of the season. Last weekend I did some trap shooting for the first time at the Pitt Meadows Gun Club. A duck hunting friend of mine Dave, who is also a member on this forum, suggested I go there. Lots of fun, and a very laid back atmosphere. Great place to go for some pre-season practice. Some guys there are pros, and shoot $5000 plus shotguns. Other guys like me shoot $500 Remingtons! But the first time there, I broke 23 out of 25 clay pigeons. Beginners luck. Anyways, I would suggest spending $500 on a "starter" shotgun, use it for a few years, then upgrade to something more fancy if you like.

Good luck,

Victor

I recommend Reliable hands down. I find Reliable much more friendly. John, Paul, Dave and Shane really know their stuff. The Remington 870 is great and a similar option if you like semi-auto is the 1187. They had my used one on sale there for a while for under $500. It may still be there. If you are going to shoot Geese or do pass shooting then I would consider a 3 1/2" but if you are shooting over decoys then the 3" will do. Both come in many options.
    Last edited by fuzzwilkens; 10-20-2006 at 01:30 PM.

870 express supa mag

My vote goes to Reliable, hands down. I have bought rifles from both stores and would never buy from Italian again.

Don't have much ta say about italian either........reliable is yer best bet. Rem 870 is a great gun. My opinion is that a duck gun gets beat on and soaked all the time so don't see the point in spending big bucks. My 870 has lasted me 4 seasons now and still is as reliable as the day i bought it. And believe me it gets beat. Semi auto's shoot a little faster but i don't believe are as reliable as pump. just my opinion.

ABSOLUTLY RELIABLE GUN! they really take the time. and now that wholesale sports is moving to kamloops they will have to charge the pst and no longer have the 7% advantage. reliable has been matching them on price for a while but now reliable could beat em.!!
    Last edited by NEEHAMA; 10-23-2006 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kits duck
    ok i need a new gun. cheap . duck only.
    Mossberg 88. cheap, and reliable.