Thread: $ 50,000 bucks for wetlands in our grasp

$ 50,000 bucks for wetlands in our grasp

well gang we have a chance to enhance our wet lands with $50,000 bucks for free . please go to mainland bc and find the wetlands thread and support it .no meetings no money just 5 mins. of your time..i know you guys can do it as your efforts got the coquitlam council to buckle under.please help on this one.....thx from an old waterfowler,now off to bed with dreams of canada geese in my head......dale

2. Site Sponsor

Re: $ 50,000 bucks for wetlands in our grasp

Very quick and easy!! just sent in my votes!
    ~Wes

Help. I can't seem to find it.

Here's the original post:

The B.C. Wildlife Federation needs the support of all BC hunters and conservationists to help in securing a $50,000 grant from Shell Canada’s FuellingChange program.

FuellingChange is distributing $1 million dollars to environmental projects across the country, with the projects and organizations selected by voters in an online poll. The BCWF’s Wetlands on Wheels project has already been awarded $10,000, just for being shortlisted, and the top four of 15 candidates will be awarded the larger grant.

Waterfowl, moose, beavers, fish and a variety of other wildlife species rely on wetlands as critical habitat. Developed areas of our province, including the Lower Mainland, have already lost up to 70% of their wetlands since the late 1800s, and many of the remaining wetlands are degraded or threatened.

BC Wildlife Federation's Wetlands on Wheels project will offer free workshops to communities across the province, teaching participants how to appreciate wetlands, map them using GPS technology, and integrate wetlands in municipal and regional development plans for future protection.

Neil Fletcher, Wetlands Education Program Coordinator for the BCWF is encouraging all supporters of B.C.’s wetlands and wild places to set up free accounts on the FuellingChange website, and start voting immediately. It takes approximately five minutes to register and distribute 10 free votes. Linking to Facebook and Twitter accounts will give participants an extra 40 votes. You can also vote by redeeming codes on receipts you collect from Shell gas stations (10 votes per receipt).

This initiative is a local and worthy cause - please start voting at the FuellingChange website. For detailed instructions on how to vote visit the BCWF website.

I saw the original post on Sat. and voted.

Re: $50,000 bucks for wetlands in our grasp

Multiple ways to vote:
    1) 10 free votes when you create an account
    2) 10 extra votes for EACH receipt you redeem from a Shell Gas Station purchase (no matter if you spend $1 or $40). Keep receipt and click redeem code button on Fuelling Change website
    3) 20 free votes when you link your Facebook to your Fuellingchange account (all that happens is an automatic post that you voted on your FB wall)
    4) 20 free votes when you link your Twitter to your Fuellingchange account (all that happens is you send a tweet that you voted)
    5) Check your email for bonus votes (this happened once late December and gave 100 free votes per every account - really changed the game!)

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Already voted,keep up the good work Dale and thanks for all the time you put in .
    WF
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

My 10 votes are in,keep up the good work!It was painless & took less time than I thought!

The race is heating up for BCWF's Wetlands on Wheels campaign! We're currently in 4th place and neck-and-neck with the top five groups. We've been putting the pressure on other groups and have jumped 10,000 votes in the last 2 weeks!

Got a vehicle fleet? Consider redeeming receipt codes to boost our votes (10 votes per receipt). Tell your buds with vehicle fleets!