Thread: Ramset blanks for gun training?

Hybrid View

Ramset blanks for gun training?

Anyone know if .22 ramset blanks will work in a .22 rimfire single shot rifle? I think the brown colored ones are the lowest power.

I need some .22 blanks, ramset, hilti or otherwise for some INDOOR gun puppy training. I have one of those .22 cal Erma starter pistiols, but finding those small acorn-type blanks it takes is like finding hens teeth.......

Been shooting #11 musket caps, but they are not loud enough.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ramset blanks for gun training?

yes they will work i also went out and bought one of those dummy launchers they work awesome for training puppies, althought you maynot want to use them indoors the blanks i mean how big of an area are you trying to train the puppy inside

indoors go spend 10 bcks on a kids cap pistol cheap and a lot less odor
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Me thinks the following. You dont need to be training with a .22 indoors, personally I have never used any type of bang while playing with puppys indoors. Why dont you put the same post on The Retriever Training Forum amd see what the pros say, how old is the pup?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsue View Post
    Me thinks the following. You dont need to be training with a .22 indoors, personally I have never used any type of bang while playing with puppys indoors. Why dont you put the same post on The Retriever Training Forum amd see what the pros say, how old is the pup?
    I was assuming(yah I know what that "does") that he feeds indors and was wanting it for food based gun breaking. I use a cap pistol, right from the time the pups are eating in the Mr. Turtle pool at about 3 weeks or so depending on debelopement, when I move them outside I progress up thry 22, shotgun primer 410 and 12 ga they are fully gun broke by 8 weeks.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    I was assuming(yah I know what that "does") that he feeds indors and was wanting it for food based gun breaking. I use a cap pistol, right from the time the pups are eating in the Mr. Turtle pool at about 3 weeks or so depending on debelopement, when I move them outside I progress up thry 22, shotgun primer 410 and 12 ga they are fully gun broke by 8 weeks.

Yup. Indoor food training.
    The musket caps are really no louder than a cap gun. I want something a little louder, in between the #11 caps and a .22 LR.

Quote Originally Posted by Spokerider View Post
    Yup. Indoor food training.
    The musket caps are really no louder than a cap gun. I want something a little louder, in between the #11 caps and a .22 LR.
    Personally if it were me and outdoor feeding was out Id go right to the 22 blanks but do your 1st discharges just outside the spot where the pups being fed then go from there depending on reaction as i said i start with a cap bgun go to the 22s directly as soon as i can feed outdoors and go up fron there verrying distances to lessen the noise.
    "BORN TO HUNT"

Hey I have lots use them for work all the time give me a call

ramset won't fit so i'm told......

so.......

drill out primer hole from empty case, rifle, pistol, revolver, what have you. insert shotgun 209 primer, fire away. makes a good indoor training bang.

Hmmm... A shell that will drive a piston into a nail that will penetrate 1 1/2 " into concrete. I would be reluctant to fire that in anything other than the tool it was designed for.
    Paul J
    BC Wildlife Federation
    BC Rifle Association
    Finnish War Veterans in BC