Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: please teach me about recurve bows.

Re: please teach me about recurve bows.

Grandmac`s Indoor events , the 300 round are one of the most diffecult archery events and as such most Tradies really don`t know how to "AIM" . Quite a few of the Tradies do very well at the one arrow a target then moving on to another . 60 arrows at one target each round requires a refined degree if concentration and focus . The Tradies with their 3-D rounds designed as they are do require concentration and focus but only when your foot touches the stake . Between shot and target the joy and mirth (BS) and comradery carries one thru the course . The 300 event is a no Duff 60 arrow extreme mental test .
    A friendly reminder that we are talking about two different classes .

PS . I participated in two of BC`s Summer Games with my 60 lb Chek- Mate and wood arrows and Placed . That was enough for me , not enough mirth . LOL
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

OH OH , Mods please move to Trad Guys Please Chime In . The Target Archery Section.
    Thank you.
    Cheers

Group Memberships.

BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Hey Grant , Are you planning to attend the TBBC Championships the May long weekend in Rock Ck ? It would be great to have you and some of your peers there .
    Free Pig Roast and quality Door and Raffle prises .
    The RC Club has one of the finest Club , Course layout and Camping in the Province .
    The BCCA Chs several years ago was one of the finest 3-D events I took part in .
    Cheers
    Probsbly not. Between the next two State championships and hopefully the Canadian Field championships in August I will be financially ruined. Plus the TBBC doesn't recognize any of the equipment categories that I shoot in.

-Grant

Traditional BOWHUNTERS of BC. The TBBC Champs are more for hunters than target shooters. However all are welcome.

The TBBC shoots are awesome! Bring your family too, lots of kids and activities for them to paricipate in. Communal camp fires, and jsut a great time... oh yes and lots of arrow flinging! Grant... if you can make it to the shoot I can lend you a bow.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Hey Grant , on top of Hermits offer you are welcome to shoot with my squad . Just be prepared to put up with a lot of that so called mirth , good scoring and can`t wait to get to the Beer attitude .
    Cheers
    Last edited by greybark; 02-12-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Group Memberships.

BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

For Walksalot , come on over from Jewel Lk for the day and I will have a bow and arrows for you . You will be fitted in with my bunch .Bring Beer !!!!!
    Cheers H

Group Memberships.

BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Oh I've got bows which will meet the requirements for any of the categories in that shoot, I just don't have the time to take off shooting my target rig. Something tells me that bow wouldn't go over so well with them.
    Perhaps if the TBBC is more local to me in the future I might shoot one of my selfbows for a laugh. I'd need to build a whole pile of arrows for it though, not the most accurate stick in the woods.

-Grant

Greybark: Totally right on the NFAA 300 round. I'm working up to shooting 5-7 a week until the state championship in early March. I'm hoping to do much better than I did with the multi-color. I'd like to be able to score within 10 points of my practice average in competition. So far this week my best was a 284 22x and worst was 282 15x, I'd be really happy to stay above 270 both days.

Hey Grant , Good Luck in all the events .
    Cheers

Group Memberships.

BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    For Walksalot , come on over from Jewel Lk for the day and I will have a bow and arrows for you . You will be fitted in with my bunch .Bring Beer !!!!!
    Cheers H
    Thanks Greybark but we sold our cabin over there.